Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels Offered

Hi everybods,

Guy at the Garage where I bought my Surf a couple of months ago has offered me 4 16" alloy wheels and tyres for the Surf as 'Spares' in case I damage a wheel going off-road.
    I don't know what make they are but they have a crossed spoke effect, with lots of dummy small nuts round the inside of the rim and a nice large hexagonal nut which covers the wheelnuts from view.
    My current wheels are the original 15" offset 8 Toyota wheels.
    What I would like to know is:
    1) What sort of price are they worth (the tyres are part worn but serviceable)
    2) will they fit my Surf okay its a 1993 SSRX 2.4TD Auto
    3) Any mods needed if I do fit them?
    4) Any chance of scuffing anything?

I guess as they are 16" if they do fit the speedo & odo will be out.

Your usual knowledgeable help will be appreciated!

Gary

P.s. Sorry I've been away for a while - I had a complete system crash and have had to re-install everything!!!
    Greybeard
    Life is not a rehearsal!

16's will be fine loads of guys have them and you dont need to make any changes
    cost really is whatever you want pay, ebay will sell a set of alloys for anywhere between 50 quid for a trashed set of 15's upwards,
    I once saw a set of 16's for sale on adtradersfor 50 quid, should have bought them but didnot for some silly reason!!!!!
    Hope that helps a bit

Comment

speedo and odo would only be out if the outside size of the tire changed as long as you dont change that you arnt changing anything as far as the car is concurned,

say you have 15" wheels and 5" rubber, if you add 3" to the wheels making 18" you have to take 3 from the insde of the rubber making that 2" or go for the same thickness rubber and get the dials re-set and watch for rubbing,

Comment

Thanks Guys. I am tempted but he's asking £40 each for the wheels and tyres thats £160 all in, so I'll have to pass on these at the moment.

Gary

Originally posted by Ste00
        speedo and odo would only be out if the outside size of the tire changed as long as you dont change that you arnt changing anything as far as the car is concurned,

say you have 15" wheels and 5" rubber, if you add 3" to the wheels making 18" you have to take 3 from the insde of the rubber making that 2" or go for the same thickness rubber and get the dials re-set and watch for rubbing,
        Greybeard
        Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Working...
        X