How much??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much??

Mrs ssray has decided that the surf is tooo expensive to run(1 income now+ 10mth old money grabber).
    so off i trots to ford dealer(i know, dont pick on me i was under orders)they offered 2k on the surf against a 6k focus estate.
    the worst bit was when he saw i wasnt amused he rang the dealer that we looked at a surf 18 mths before and he said £1200.00 , he wanted 6k for the same reg surf as we have now.
    looks like i`ll be warming up my fuel before i use it from now on.

yeah day b4 i got mine i went to pickup the v5 for my golf so i could trade it in and the guy there said he would only give me 2k for it... some ppl are idiots...

Comment

Too bad...i got a good deal on my Kreg Surf 2yrs ago when i sold it on the Isle Of Wight....Traded in against a Ford Mondeo estate up for £1495 and got £2.5k cash back. Regrets???many but i would sell privately now. With Hind sight should never have got rid of surf. Only did it so Labradors hips wouldn't give way when he jumped in the back. Should have thought about a ramp really.
      Nevertheless the dealer did a back handed deal which helped us out as i needed cash for baby (now15 months old)
      HELEN xx

Comment

surf prices

Yes but with the influx of cheap and tired surfs at docks throughout the country, the values are now really down.
        a 1992 2.4td is only worth about £3000 and not a lot of room for profit if selling on, and there are lots around ( tired head worrying ones mostly)

Comment

Looks like I have to sell mine too! (ironically to pay for the work I have just had done to it--new head etc, on a 3ltr!) I was going to go to a garage and get a cheap car and hopefully some cash to pay for the engine, after reading that I think I'll try my luck privately, not sure how much it's worth tho, I'll have to have a look at Autotrader. Unless I have some good fortune!!

Comment

you'll never get a good deal part x on an import... the dealer has to shift it on afterwards and it's not gonna get a good price if he sells it at auction.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler
              Looks like I have to sell mine too! (ironically to pay for the work I have just had done to it--new head etc, on a 3ltr!) I was going to go to a garage and get a cheap car and hopefully some cash to pay for the engine, after reading that I think I'll try my luck privately, not sure how much it's worth tho, I'll have to have a look at Autotrader. Unless I have some good fortune!!
              3.0 still get reasonable money, but 2.4 are a bargain now if your buying one, but bad news if your selling.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                3.0 still get reasonable money, but 2.4 are a bargain now if your buying one, but bad news if your selling.
                Thats why I dont think ill be selling for a long long time.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X