Need an Answer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an Answer!!

I had a previous thread a couple of days ago where the problem of the dual mass flywheel going was correctly (and amazing quickly diagnosed)... the issue is now replacement... I have 2 options...

Roughtrax - new DMF and clutch... ~£650

OR my local mechanic has found a conversion kit which comes with a std flywheel and slightly different clutch - which he says is what the 4-runners have... this is about the same price - £616....

Questions are

a) is this true - do the uk spec ones have a fixed flywheel and different clutch
    b) which is likely to be the most robust solution?

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    I had a previous thread a couple of days ago where the problem of the dual mass flywheel going was correctly (and amazing quickly diagnosed)... the issue is now replacement... I have 2 options...

Roughtrax - new DMF and clutch... ~£650

OR my local mechanic has found a conversion kit which comes with a std flywheel and slightly different clutch - which he says is what the 4-runners have... this is about the same price - £616....

Questions are

a) is this true - do the uk spec ones have a fixed flywheel and different clutch
    b) which is likely to be the most robust solution?

Thanks in advance...
    Hi,

Yep I've got the conversion to UK spec, as I mentiond before I can't tell the diffrence. Make shure if you go this route your mechanic changes the flywheel bolts and spigot bearing too. DMF flywheels are infamous for only lasting about as long as the clutch on most cars they are fitted to.The clutch for the UK spec flywheel is cheeaper if you ever need another. So all in all I'd say I've made the right choice but I supose I am biased.

Comment

Working...
    X