Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Key Blank for 1993 2.4L

Hi
    I need to get a spare key cut and I thought I might as well get a proper Toyota one.

I know this is the place to ask, because if you ask Toyota they say "import, ooohh, we will have to send it away and they might not be able to help you and it will cost quite a bit" As mine is the not chipped I asked if they did a key blank and again the reply was "but it's an import".
    "can I have a look at a 1993 4runner key blank to see if they're the same?"
    "Sorry we don't keep key blanks here, we can't cut them"

Now it apears from other forums that I wasn't asking the right question and should have just said that I wanted to order one and get it cut elsewhere.

I would be very grateful if someone could either inform me of where I can get one or the part number for the key blank, so I don't have to go through the "oohhh it's an import, can't help you" "but it's the same as a 4runner" sketch.

Regards
    Mike
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Originally posted by cockybundoo
    Hi
    I need to get a spare key cut and I thought I might as well get a proper Toyota one.

I know this is the place to ask, because if you ask Toyota they say "import, ooohh, we will have to send it away and they might not be able to help you and it will cost quite a bit" As mine is the not chipped I asked if they did a key blank and again the reply was "but it's an import".
    "can I have a look at a 1993 4runner key blank to see if they're the same?"
    "Sorry we don't keep key blanks here, we can't cut them"

Now it apears from other forums that I wasn't asking the right question and should have just said that I wanted to order one and get it cut elsewhere.

I would be very grateful if someone could either inform me of where I can get one or the part number for the key blank, so I don't have to go through the "oohhh it's an import, can't help you" "but it's the same as a 4runner" sketch.

Regards
    Mike

hi mike there were some blanks on ebay a few days ago for toyota on the toyota accessories i'm not sure if they were for the surf/4runner tho but it's worth taking a look
    Richard
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its the same as Pickups/4runners etc. Any good key place should just look at the key and match it to a blank.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I got my spare supplied & cut at a Mr Minit place. Just make sure they line up the blank properly. The first one was cut matching at the tip instead of the shoulder. First one wouldn't work!!!
        Mike G

Comment

Keys

Hi, dont know if it helps but Timpsons in any high st will cut you one no probs Cheers peeps

Comment

Like the others have said, any key cutting place should be able to sort you out.
            However, if you absolutely must have a genuine Toyota Key, These are the P/N's...
            90999-00130 Master Key
            90999-00132 Master Key*68 (no idea what the difference is)
            90999-00137 Sub Key

These are also used on Hiace, Corolla, Carina, Cresta, etc ...... you get the idea, bog standard keys.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I will just underline what the others have said. I got two spares cut at the local key shop. No hassle just handed the original in they copied it and the cut keys worked fine. in fact you can not tell which is original and which is cut. It's the damm immobiliser that's the pain. only having two electronic keys and having to take the key out of the ignition to touch the sensor every time you have switch off for a few minutes
              Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Cheers Surfers, I knew I could rely on you.
                Morr many thanks for the part numbers, I'll give that a try. I just fancy a genuine Toyota key, don't know why, maybe it's the image.
                After owning a Frontera for the last 10 years, I am sure you'll understand.

Thanks Mike
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

Working...
                X