Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines

Dose any one Know of any V8 surf's. Because i have just had mine converted and i love it.

Scoof.

Engines

Bring it up the pit at the weekend so us sad gits can dribble at the luvely sound that will come out of the exhaust.........MMMMMMMdonuts
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Got a V8 in the pickup, Shelley won't let me V8 her 4Runner, its a V6 anyway, but when I get my Surf it will have one in it before to long!

What motor is it Rover, Chevy? need pics!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

V8 4x4......its the ONLY way to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
        1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Got a V8 in the pickup, Shelley won't let me V8 her 4Runner, its a V6 anyway, but when I get my Surf it will have one in it before to long!

What motor is it Rover, Chevy? need pics!!

Says Rover in the profile.

Cheers

Comment

ive just read the profile too, how the hell do you get 236 bhp out of a 3.5 V8 and still make it usable off road? an off road engine is built for low down torque not 8,000 rpm.
            jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
            1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              Says Rover in the profile.

Cheers
              Doh!

Any V8 makes bags of Torque what ever you do to it, A stock 160ish HP Rover V8 makes 224ft/lb @2500.

236HP isn't 'just' a V8, Real Steel sell a 4337cc stroker kit that makes 248HP and 296 ft/lb, but this has a 'stump puller' cam (which I have in mine) Edelbrock/Holley and stage 2 heads.

The guy I got my motor reckoned it had 220HP 3.5 V8 , big cam, trick heads, High Comp. but its a bit worn out now.

Comment

Aussie 5.0 L 4 Runner ------> http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jonhel5/

Neville

Comment

why 236

The reason why 236 is because i dont like boy racers and there is nothing better than having a dust up with one of those Rs things that looks like it has been crashed in to halfords window covered on super glue and winning. who said 4x4 were slow.

Comment

Originally posted by scoof
                    The reason why 236 is because i dont like boy racers and there is nothing better than having a dust up with one of those Rs things that looks like it has been crashed in to halfords window covered on super glue and winning. who said 4x4 were slow.
                    My tailpipes exit right level with a lowered ricers window, If I hear bass, they get 3000rpm's though 3 foot of 3" pipe and a turbo muffler smelling of LPG.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      My tailpipes exit right level with a lowered ricers window, If I hear bass, they get 3000rpm's though 3 foot of 3" pipe and a turbo muffler smelling of LPG.

For that your tops in my book.

I like the Aussie 5lt.

I take it yours is a 3.5 lpg Pommy surf truck.

Rubblebags.
                      Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
                      X