Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!! Leighton Buzzard

Just a warning!
    Do not even think about any journey involving travel through our delightful market town!AS well as my real job I work part time for Silverlink and so have to get to the station every evening.The A4146 (main route n-s thru town) has major works taking place on the canal bridge(single file traffic etc.) In spite of the 23 sets of traffic lights you have to q at it only used to take about 5 mins from my house.Well it just got worse. There are two routes to avoid using the 4146 - you can nip down Grovebury rd, Through the Ind Est onto the bypass and into Linslade, or you can heads north onto "old Linslade Road". Unfortunately, as has happened the last 3 days, if there are probs on the M1 we get loads of cars. this means that G Road is chocca and even getting onto the bypass is a bit of a mare. Well just to compound matters, I'm sure some of you will have heard about our diesel cleaning factory.Customs and Excise and the Environmenbt Agency have just closed this establishment after a spillage into the Grand Union Canal.Problem is they closed the !!!!!! road too.So 2 routes thru town , both b*llxed,not a happy bunny.So today I thought - it's a lovely day, I'll walk to work.What I didn't realise that after sitting in traffic for so long no bugger will let you across the road!
    Just to add insult to injury one of my trains died at my platform and we had lots of unhappy customers - here's me thinking good, no stress, walked in , used some calories............
    Apologies to anyone who was on the train...........It's been a hard week!

Thank you all - rant over.

Thanks for the tip -off, but I'm only going to Swffryd to morrow.

Comment

When has Leighton Buzzard ever not been stuffed with traffic!

If you can get your train down to basingstoke, I'll have a go fixing it..............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

it was a sunny day last June I think - the roads were quiet then cause everyone goes to one of the zillions of pubs we have!

Comment

Working...
        X