X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby seats - help..

Hi,

We have a 96 Hilux Surf which is great

However, in 3 weeks time there will be an addition to the family, and we can't find a baby seat to fit. As the front airbag isn't switchable the seat will need to go in the back. We have tried a few makes of baby seat (rearfacing), but the seatbelts in the back aren't long enough!

Has anyone else come across this problem, and if so, can you help point us in the direction of a baby seat that will fit?

Many thanks,

Den

This topic has come up a few times, I think you can buy extensions for your seat belts, do a search you should find a couple of threads.

Comment

We just had our first baby on Saturday night and use a graco seat with the autobase system - fits no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi
        We just had our first baby on Saturday night and use a graco seat with the autobase system - fits no problem.
        We've got a baby seat and a base from mothercare. The base stays where it is & the baby carier/seat just clips in & out of it no problem. The seat belt is easily long enough to secure the base & clipping the carrier in & out is far less hassle than threading the belt round every time.

All the best with your new addition, i presume its a baby as a new dog/cat/hamster/kangaroo might look a bit odd strapped in a baby-seat

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions - we've already got a Mamas & Papas surefix base & seat which fits in my car (VW Polo), but when we tried in the Surf the seatbelt was about 5 inches too short. I did try Halfords re seat belts extensions but they said they weren't allowed to sell them! (Probably duff info I expect)..

Anyway - I'm off later to a shop to try all the makes possible - fingers crossed we find one..

Thanks again for your help...

Comment

nothing to do with child seats, but inevitable really.... the seat covers can be removed with just a leatherman or similar, remove the wires, then the covers can be machine washed! 40 degree fetched out all sorts of unpleasantness..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by denden
              Thanks for your suggestions - we've already got a Mamas & Papas surefix base & seat which fits in my car (VW Polo), but when we tried in the Surf the seatbelt was about 5 inches too short. I did try Halfords re seat belts extensions but they said they weren't allowed to sell them! (Probably duff info I expect)..

Anyway - I'm off later to a shop to try all the makes possible - fingers crossed we find one..

Thanks again for your help...

graco car seat and auto base works a treat!!!!!!!!
              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

fits a treat

we have a Britax travel system that fits and is great.

Comment

We've got a jane powertrack system for our 5 month old which has the matrix carseat.It lays flat along the seat(the only one that does) and you can use any 2 of the 3 rear belts.It's brilliant and easy to use and it's really good for long journeys cos they're now saying that you shouldn't have babies in normal seats for anymore than 2 hours. We also use our first kids old seat which is a britax roc-a-tot that works well too. Hope this is of use and congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                  X