X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laser_jock99
    My Surf didn't break down today.

Nevillef
    Mine didn't either (mind you. it was just as well as the wife was driving it - would never have heard the last of that).
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

My SURF is fine as well.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

the surf is about the best car i have had for maintance costs i part ex a 1997 bmw 316 for it , i owned for just under three years and had spend over three grand keeping it on the road. Bmw never again long live the surf.
        colin

Comment

I LOVE MY SURF!!!

Been driving for nearly 18 years now (obviously not ALL the time!!) and my Surf is the only car that I can honestly say I love!!!!!

Took it off road on Friday, and again Saturday morning... Left it dirty for people to see all day Sat, and gave it a good wash and polish tonight!!

First car I've EVER polished!!!

You can't just think of the negatives. The Positives FAR outweigh the negs.

Drive it a bit more, you'll love it!!!!!!

If not, give it to me!!!!!
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            I LOVE MY SURF!!!

Been driving for nearly 18 years now (obviously not ALL the time!!) and my Surf is the only car that I can honestly say I love!!!!!

Took it off road on Friday, and again Saturday morning... Left it dirty for people to see all day Sat, and gave it a good wash and polish tonight!!

First car I've EVER polished!!!

You can't just think of the negatives. The Positives FAR outweigh the negs.

Drive it a bit more, you'll love it!!!!!!

If not, give it to me!!!!!

My dad borrowed my SURF yesterday and when i watched him back off my drive and leave his scabby astra estate in it's place and go up the street i turned to my daughter (8 years old) and said "AH I LOVE MY CAR" she obviously just frowned at me , some people just don't understand the beauty of owning a surf....
            lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              If you filled the Defender with bricks, why not fill the Surf, it has more room than a Defender, I doubt a Defender or a similar year and condition costs much less than a Surf. (cept you won't find one!! )

You say you won't offroad it, but thats why they are expensive compared to a estate car, a estate car won't carry 300+kg of bricks around an offroad course like a defender or Surf.

Your almost wasting your money not using it properly, you wouldn't by a sit-on lawn mower to cut 6x6' of lawn, so why buy a 4x4 if not to offroad it or tow things around?

Like I said in the other post, the Surf biggest downfall is that they are so good, people think they are getting a 2 year old motor with the latest technology. They arn't, they are over ten years, with well over ten year old technology and based on a Pickup truck. Which is why I love em'

I guess thats what i`m trying to say Tony. Each of the landies have been pretty scabby to start off with, which is why i never worried about them. I know a surf should really be used to it`s full potential but to me it seems a shame to get a prtstine motor, even at 12 yrs old and trash it if you don`t have to. The problem is with me, not the surf, and lets face it, to a DIY spannerman they ain`t cheap on repairs, or particuliarly straightforward to work on.

Ken.
              God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk
                I guess thats what i`m trying to say Tony. Each of the landies have been pretty scabby to start off with, which is why i never worried about them. I know a surf should really be used to it`s full potential but to me it seems a shame to get a prtstine motor, even at 12 yrs old and trash it if you don`t have to. The problem is with me, not the surf, and lets face it, to a DIY spannerman they ain`t cheap on repairs, or particuliarly straightforward to work on.

Ken.
                is it safe to come out yet ????
                what i meant is i dont think it was the right car for me,although i wont be selling it because i like it ,but i wont be bouncing it off trees and drowing it in mud every weekend like i thought i would ,because its too nice and too expensive for me to repair.i still use my bike every day though ,170+mph +£10 a week fuel, say no more.
                why have a wife to take all your money off you when you can have a surf

Comment

As your a biker - yeh you can come out now.
                  Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
                  X