which is best manual /auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is best manual /auto

hi guys just sold my 1992 2.4 ssr-x auto .

gonna buy a new shape 3.0 surf 1997/8.
    why are manual geasrbox versions so rare?are they better than auto..
    and last questionwjo is the best dealer to purchase an import off

cheers in advance
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
    hi guys just sold my 1992 2.4 ssr-x auto .

gonna buy a new shape 3.0 surf 1997/8.
    why are manual geasrbox versions so rare?are they better than auto..
    and last questionwjo is the best dealer to purchase an import off

cheers in advance
    go for it and good luck with it, auto has gotta be better, no master/slave cylinders, no worries about 1st gear and reverse, manual is in no way better than auto unless you have a specific need like crawling over bolders in Colorado with a 2nd transfer case

i'm sure the japs cop'd a long time ago that auto surfs are just more enjoyable to own than the grinders hence why manuals became rare ......

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      go for it and good luck with it, auto has gotta be better, no master/slave cylinders, no worries about 1st gear and reverse, manual is in no way better than auto unless you have a specific need like crawling over bolders in Colorado with a 2nd transfer case

i'm sure the japs cop'd a long time ago that auto surfs are just more enjoyable to own than the grinders hence why manuals became rare ......
      thanks ,auto it willbe then
      hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

Auto's are so much more laid back to drive on the road. No worries about using the clutch to change gear or having to keep your foot on the pedal at traffic lights. And hill starts are a doddle. Stick with the auto unless you're going to do any really serious off-road work.
        Mike G

Comment

i find the opposite, auto better off road and manual better on road...

there's just no "feel" in the gearing for road driving.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You gotta drive the motors!!!! why go and let it drive itself????

Next you will all be wanting Cruise Control and traction Control etc etc

I say Manual !

but I might change my mind and get an Auto when I retire (When I Am 80!!)

Paul
            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Yep......would have to agree,

Had an Auto SSR-X, Now got a manual so I could stop falling asleep whilst driving lol

I'm voting for manual.

Comment

If you have the coordination, dexterity and the ability to move hands and legs at the same time, while feeling and hearing what the truck is doing then manual is for you
                If not then go auto

Comment

Working...
                X