Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best lift?

Seriously contemplating a lift...

On the sensible side my suspension seems to squeek even after oiling etc so could opt for 2" lift which will upgrade the lot

But really like the 'monster type' look so question is what is better ie more stable on road, drivable etc

4" suspension lift

or

2" suspension lift and 3" body lift?

(Via LA SuperTrux prices 4" more expensive)
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Suspension lift is better in general, as your upgrading all the suspension stuff, body lifts increase the center of gravity, without uprating the spring to cope with the extra swining momentum of a higher truck.

Just be aware, anything over 2" of any type of lift, and the bigger tyres that go with it is gonna affect the way your truck handles and performs, and not usually for the better! but looks cool though!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Robb.

On the sensible side my suspension seems to squeek even after oiling etc so could opt for 2" lift which will upgrade the lot

But really like the 'monster type' look so question is what is better ie more stable on road, drivable etc

4" suspension lift

or

The cheapest option (for the purposes of fitting bigger tyres) is 2" suspension lift + 2" body lift.

Nevillef

Comment

for the 4" lift try "explorer uk, pro comp" direct, advertise in total off road, were much cheaper than LA s,trucks when i bought mine.
        handles fine, bearing mind big truck + mud terrains, even with the anti roll bar link broken, must fix that!
        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

had the 4" by supertrucks, fantastic job, not worth scrimping cause the difference was minimal overall, and these guys have been modding toyotas for more than 15 years, so they know them like the back of there hands. bare in mind you'll need new wheels and tyres as well, cause your standard wheels will look puny, and even with 31" tyres on theyll still look puny wioth a 4" lift. If your planning on doing it yourself, make sure youve got all the tools, cause you need to be prepared to cut and weld the exhaust to allow it to clear the drive shaft, and make new brackets for it.

overall it drives fine, no roll, just beware your doing 10% more than your speedo says because of the bigger tyres

Comment

Originally posted by charlski
            had the 4" by supertrucks, fantastic job, not worth scrimping cause the difference was minimal overall, and these guys have been modding toyotas for more than 15 years, so they know them like the back of there hands. bare in mind you'll need new wheels and tyres as well, cause your standard wheels will look puny, and even with 31" tyres on theyll still look puny wioth a 4" lift. If your planning on doing it yourself, make sure youve got all the tools, cause you need to be prepared to cut and weld the exhaust to allow it to clear the drive shaft, and make new brackets for it.

overall it drives fine, no roll, just beware your doing 10% more than your speedo says because of the bigger tyres
            thats probably the main factor in who you choose to buy from if you want it fitted LA s trucks would be the best bet but if you can/want to do it youself they use the pro comp kit. must add no experience of the rear kit on the surfs as my trucks on leaves(had my own problems there!)

Comment

Think I will have to pay someone (LA want £558.12 for fitting the 4" lift, not too bad unless I can find someone cheaper)

Tyre wise - will my standard alloys be okay to put 33's on (currently got 31x10.5x15) ?
              [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Think I will have to pay someone (LA want £558.12 for fitting the 4" lift, not too bad unless I can find someone cheaper)

Tyre wise - will my standard alloys be okay to put 33's on (currently got 31x10.5x15) ?
                Buy the Lift kit direct from Pro Comp UK- maybe TonyN will fit it for less?

33 x 12.5 x R15 (seemingly the most common 33" tyre size) will need a marginally wider alloy than standard. If you can find a narrower 33" tyre then you'll be okay.

Nevillef

Comment

you need 15 x8 to fit 33,s surfs are to narrow at 15x7

Comment

4" suspension lift

or

I'd go for 4" suspension lift or 2" suspension and 2" body lift. Ideally, i'd have 3" susp and 1" body, but there aren't any 3" susp kits around. Personally, I don't like body lifts as much, unless you're desparate to fit huge tires.

Comment

I know BFG do a 33x9.50 15 mud terrain that would fit a 7" rim,don't know what other tread patterns/brands around. probably best off hunting around the adds for a set of wheels and tyres you want all ready mounted mail order although i got a good deal at my local ATS when i bought 4 wheels and tyres from them, free fitting balancing etc, plus tyres were cheaper than some mail orders! and no p&p

Comment

I can fit it no worries, PM me your number if you wanna chat.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X