No announcement yet.

Veg oil duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i spoke to Gavin Jeffrey. Should have response Tues/Wed and will put up result. Anyone know how much Costco charge for drums veg oil.
    Rgds Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
      No i spoke to Gavin Jeffrey. Should have response Tues/Wed and will put up result. Anyone know how much Costco charge for drums veg oil.
      Rgds Philip
      I've found Costco varies between bout £8.50 and £9.00 for a 20ltr can.
      http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Asda

£1.32 for 3ltrs. Don't know where you can beat it.
        Rgds Philip
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Chunk Monkey

http://www.wanderlustonline.com/NEW_UNIT_001.jpg http://www.wanderlustonline.com/NEW_UNIT_003.jpg

Above links is pictures of new unit, although production i think will be in copper and slightly smaller.
          Philip
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

And here is Phils images in their full glory.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

ok i'll ask the silly question..
              is that heating the fuel off the heater hose? how do you heat it when the engine is cold and it really needs warming?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No need to put a spanner in the works. Will have sorted that one out by winter. The unit actually warms up quite quickly. Problem is, if i use some sort of heat source before engine is running, then battery problems will arise. If you park car in garage, then you could use normal electricity to warm fuel first. I think less veg oil would need to be used, plus thinner. Anyway, working on it. From what i have seen, re complete conversions, you are looking at about £800-£1000 assuming you paid mecanic to do it. Also of course people only using diesel will benefit, both by using the catalyst and also heating diesel, as far as i know your consumption goes up in the winter.
                Any ideas gratefully received.
                Thanks Philip, and thanks to Trev for putting up picture.

Originally posted by Chillitt
                ok i'll ask the silly question..
                is that heating the fuel off the heater hose? how do you heat it when the engine is cold and it really needs warming?
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

is it possible (practical..) to retro fit toyotas leccy fuel heater? i'm only asking cos i'm quite keen on using as much veggie as possible.... whilst spending as little as possible to acheive it! any idea on cost for a self fit kit?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by miketilley
                    I've found Costco varies between bout £8.50 and £9.00 for a 20ltr can.
                    paid £18 for 2 x 20ltr drums and cant use them yet!!!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Biodiesel Stickers

Calling all like-minded biofuel persons! We should all be driving around with these stickers on

http://www.needasticker.com/biodiesel.htm

Help publicise the cause and get vegoils/biodiesel sold at the pumps!
                      (no I have no vested interest in the sale of the stickers!)

Marcus

Comment

Heater

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        is it possible (practical..) to retro fit toyotas leccy fuel heater? i'm only asking cos i'm quite keen on using as much veggie as possible.... whilst spending as little as possible to acheive it! any idea on cost for a self fit kit?

What is a leccy fuel heater and where does it heat fuel? I am sure i will work out this problem by winter. My idea is to sell everything retro fit at less cost than companies selling now. The answer is not same for everyone. If car is garaged then its easier to warm fuel. If not, i think insulation around unit and fuel pipe up to pump would help. Also little thinners in tank. Heating the fuel for a few minutes isn't the problem, its the power source to do this, thats the problem. How about small 1ltr insulated can attached to bulk head/inner wing with diesel in it, so you use this on start up for 5 mins and then, like LPG its switches over. Only a thought.
                        Thanks Philip
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

i have no details on the factory warmer cos like all the other shiny add ons, my surf dont have em! electric blanket for the fuel filter maybe?
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Rapeseed oil is the thinest, but I'm struggling to find a reasonably priced source for that.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Decals.

Had a look at website selling decals, but as my intention is to be able to run 100% veg oil, winter and summer,then its not bio diesel, its veg oil. Think will have stickers made along lines of bio ones but say veg oil etc. What does anyone think?
                              Philip
                              PS already had some ideas for pre heating fuel or having small 2-3 ltr tank for starting when cold. As water in Surf heats quite quickly, would only need to have running on diesel for 5-10 mins the most.
                              As someone who can only drive carsand barely put oil and water in, suggestions and help always received gratefully.
                              Still Searching,
                              Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                                Had a look at website selling decals, but as my intention is to be able to run 100% veg oil, winter and summer,then its not bio diesel, its veg oil. Think will have stickers made along lines of bio ones but say veg oil etc. What does anyone think?
                                Philip
                                PS already had some ideas for pre heating fuel or having small 2-3 ltr tank for starting when cold. As water in Surf heats quite quickly, would only need to have running on diesel for 5-10 mins the most.
                                As someone who can only drive carsand barely put oil and water in, suggestions and help always received gratefully.
                                A lot of the guys running SVO have 2 tanks - they start on DERV and then swap over once warm. I doubt it would take as much as 10 mins.
                                Only prob for those with underslug spares is where to put the 2nd tank.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X