M4 Scamera Protest Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Scamera Protest Planned

Saturday 30th April, so watch out anybody going to "The BIG Meet and Greet Camp Out"

http://www.m4protest.org/

Originally posted by andy
    Saturday 30th April, so watch out anybody going to "The BIG Meet and Greet Camp Out"

hehehe... how ridiculous is that?
    a 56mph "go slow"... do you think anyone will notice?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

56 mph didnt stop that Gregories wagon from rear ending the safety truck the other morning on the Swindon rise to Membury
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
        56 mph didnt stop that Gregories wagon from rear ending the safety truck the other morning on the Swindon rise to Membury
        it stopped our night driver from turning left at the panasonic roundabout in Thatcham this morning!... rolled with full load of paper reels!
        Police reckon he was doing 50Mph but i reckon they don't know their arse from their elbow and read Kmh as Mph so he was only doing 30mph

Comment

Originally posted by andy

Thanks for that Andy
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            hehehe... how ridiculous is that?
            a 56mph "go slow"... do you think anyone will notice?
            most surfs cruising speed unless your name is linda
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              it stopped our night driver from turning left at the panasonic roundabout in Thatcham this morning!... rolled with full load of paper reels!
              Police reckon he was doing 50Mph but i reckon they don't know their arse from their elbow and read Kmh as Mph so he was only doing 30mph
              They dont. Our 7.490kg truck, check the highway code, has got done more times than is worth listing on speed cameras for doing 50 in what would be a 40 for an HGV- or a 60 for a car.
              Fact is its plated weight is 10g under 7.5 ton, so we can fill it at tescos, drive around housing estates, use the fast lane on the M1 etc. but the Police dont understand this.
              It is laughable that i have phoned cambs, beds, northants, bucks, herts... Police about wrong tickets and read them the rules and that the person on the end of the phone is clueless (inspite of having the authority to put points on peoples licences) as to what the speed limit is. They always treat it as if you are appealing and send you a full set of colour photos of the truck doing the legal limit, which is a great way to spend a few quid of my taxed wages i always think... I've even been sent a copy of the highway code page that states that the vehicle was not exceeding the speed limit!

If i was a naieve person i would have sacked the driver several tickets ago and most likely paid the fines, inspite of the driver doing nothing wrong. It is a sad world where you have to tell the Police what the law is.

I'll see if i can send the truck down there for the protest and tell the driver to sit in the fast lane at 70, see if he uses up all the film.....
              www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                They dont. Our 7.490kg truck, check the highway code, has got done more times than is worth listing on speed cameras for doing 50 in what would be a 40 for an HGV- or a 60 for a car.
                Fact is its plated weight is 10g under 7.5 ton, so we can fill it at tescos, drive around housing estates, use the fast lane on the M1 etc. but the Police dont understand this.
                It is laughable that i have phoned cambs, beds, northants, bucks, herts... Police about wrong tickets and read them the rules and that the person on the end of the phone is clueless (inspite of having the authority to put points on peoples licences) as to what the speed limit is. They always treat it as if you are appealing and send you a full set of colour photos of the truck doing the legal limit, which is a great way to spend a few quid of my taxed wages i always think... I've even been sent a copy of the highway code page that states that the vehicle was not exceeding the speed limit!

If i was a naieve person i would have sacked the driver several tickets ago and most likely paid the fines, inspite of the driver doing nothing wrong. It is a sad world where you have to tell the Police what the law is.

I'll see if i can send the truck down there for the protest and tell the driver to sit in the fast lane at 70, see if he uses up all the film.....
                any vehicle can fill up at tesco and drive around housing estates!... although the telephone cables around my way are a bit low and the trailer brushes them!

oops... forgot my main point.... doesn't matter what weight it is, even if it's plated at exatcly 7,500kg the rules say in must not EXCEED 7,500kg
                you weren't pulling a trailer were you?...
                some small buses have stickers saying they're permitted to use the outside lne on the motorway so they don't get stopped all the time.
                Last edited by da SLUG man; 21 April 2005, 20:43.

Comment

Nah, its a Luton box with a dropwell, looks a lot fatter than it weighs.
                  I dunno if Tescos have changed there mind but we always used to get turned away and wouldnt use them now anyway.

Inspite of the millions spent on the ministry and the Police's computers it would indeed seem that people need to put stickers on there vehicles to give them a clue... "I am not going to fast!"
                  www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                    Nah, its a Luton box with a dropwell, looks a lot fatter than it weighs.
                    I dunno if Tescos have changed there mind but we always used to get turned away and wouldnt use them now anyway.

Inspite of the millions spent on the ministry and the Police's computers it would indeed seem that people need to put stickers on there vehicles to give them a clue... "I am not going to fast!"
                    i'd have thought it would show up on the computer when they check against the V5 for who the owner is!... pretty serious really when you think of this bloke potentially losing his job for a crime he didn't commit... (maybe that's what happened to the A team!!!)... just a few simple checks would save a lot of time later!!

Comment

now i'm quite prepared to be proved wrong, but i reckon that 56 is to fast. at that speed the chain is going whip the camera out at such a speed its going to land on the back seat. i think about 30 should be plenty. loads of chain, just to be on the safe side.
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        now i'm quite prepared to be proved wrong, but i reckon that 56 is to fast. at that speed the chain is going whip the camera out at such a speed its going to land on the back seat. i think about 30 should be plenty. loads of chain, just to be on the safe side.
                        maybe using a kinetic rope would give it a softer take off with rapid acceleration for a far better launch?

Comment

At the rate of accidents that part of the world over the last few days.... it may not be there by then...

Comment

tony can you make a trailer mounted trebouche that would launch a gatso? any one got a digital video camera?
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              tony can you make a trailer mounted trebouche that would launch a gatso? any one got a digital video camera?
                              check!... and i have the plans for a makeshift trebouche after watching hours of discovery channel!

Comment

Working...
                              X