Bl**dy Ell!!!! Fuel consumption. HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl**dy Ell!!!! Fuel consumption. HELP

Picked up a 3.0 surf last week and I put £25 worth of diesel in it.

It lasted two days, that was just potting around town. Not too sure how many mpg it did, but it is not alot.

I know it is a 3.o Turbo Diesel and Auto, but is there anything I can do?

What should they do round town??

Please Help, or it will go up for sale. 93 L reg SSrx. 83,000 miles.

Many Thanks

Peter G

Not a lot. I'd be looking at around 20-25 around town, and 25-30 on a run, depending on your right foot habits. What do you expect a 2 ton 4x4 to do?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

got roughly the same motor, 3ltr TD Auto Surf, you're probably luckier than me!! mine does an average of 14-15 MPG, oh well, love drivin it, so what can I do?? There must me something slighty wrong with mine, perhaps the massive AT tyres, or just the concrete right foot!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Not a lot. I'd be looking at around 20-25 around town, and 25-30 on a run, depending on your right foot habits. What do you expect a 2 ton 4x4 to do?

Tony N

Thanks for that. Perhaps this is not for me then, if I want an economical Vehicle..

Tried to post an Ad on her , but it will not let me. Fill in the form OK, and submit,but nothing shows up on ad page???

Cheers

Peter G

Comment

I have a 2.4 and a 3.0

2.4 was ok ish,its a 93 so i didnt expect mega mpg, had my 97 3.0 around a month and am just over the moon with it, on a trip up to norfolk last week i was getting over 35mpg, this was cruising at about 65ish,

later in week went up to sheffield at about 90mph and didnt quite get the same, but as its a 2 ton truck, about as aerodynamic as a breeze block ive no complaints, over the moon

Comment

duh!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hey....

can I just say my mpg has just dropped to 21.73452 mpg - time to change the filter methinks....
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                hey....

can I just say my mpg has just dropped to 21.73452 mpg - time to change the filter methinks....
                i dunno, that's 0.00001mpg more than i'm getting... you sure you measured precisely with the correct EU marked beaker?

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                  hey....

can I just say my mpg has just dropped to 21.73452 mpg
                  No - we haven't got time
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

My eldest son claims to be getting around 120miles out of £35 of petrol in his 1300cc Mini, works out at 15ish mpg! . I think he's got his figures wrong or he should buy a Surf for better fuel consumption!

Comment

!!!!in !!!! init lad i found this when i got mine am selolin mine now coz there a load of !!!!e worst ever !!

Comment

seeya then
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo23
                          My eldest son claims to be getting around 120miles out of £35 of petrol in his 1300cc Mini, works out at 15ish mpg! . I think he's got his figures wrong or he should buy a Surf for better fuel consumption!
                          not really... it used to cost me £30 to get to warrington and back in my 1.4 golf... it costs me about £35 - 40 in the surf, smaller enged cars have to rev higher to get the same speed so are less efficent on moterways and stuff,

no offence ment to the first guy but didnt you think to ask when buying it what mpg it did? when i was buying mine i asked what mpg it did... top speed (tho i have had it past 100 / off the dial)... tire price... if you want efficencey buy a moped lol been hearing some of them get 100mpg round town, if you want a capible 4x4 that can act as a pickup then keep the surf and put up with the average (for 4x4's) mpg, as others said what did u expect from a 2 ton 4wd truck?

Dr paul... i really hope u are joking...
                          Last edited by Ste00; 19 April 2005, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by dj paul r
                            !!!!in !!!! init lad i found this when i got mine am selolin mine now coz there a load of !!!!e worst ever !!
                            I don't find the Surf any worse than the last car I had (large 2.0L Camry estate). Still costs me £40 a week to run- so much for large 4x4's being polluting and un-economical! Once you get above a certain size of car and engine it's all lost in the noise really.

Nevillef

Comment

quote!...

sorry ball bag !

thinkin your all hard on the net you victim ¬

Comment

Working...
                              X