Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 mph DING! DING! DING! help me please

Hi,

Looking for some help please. Whenever I get to 65/70mph an alarm starts chiming and it's driving me nuts. Could someone please tell me (in laymans terms, bit of a technical div.) how to disable it.

Also how much coolant needed for the 2LTE.

Thanks

Simon.

Originally posted by super8simon
    Hi,

Looking for some help please. Whenever I get to 65/70mph an alarm starts chiming and it's driving me nuts. Could someone please tell me (in laymans terms, bit of a technical div.) how to disable it.

Also how much coolant needed for the 2LTE.

Thanks

Simon.

Simon
    Have you got sat nav on this car ?
    Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Turn the radio up! Is your's a Jap import? I've only seen the ding thingy on 2 import pickups that came from Cyprus.

get a large hammer, get it up to 70mph, then whack things under the dash till it stops. :p
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Turn the radio up! Is your's a Jap import? I've only seen the ding thingy on 2 import pickups that came from Cyprus.

get a large hammer, get it up to 70mph, then whack things under the dash till it stops. :p
        I think it's a Jap import, certainly got Japanese writing on the stickers on the drivers door, info cards in the sun visor etc. How can I tell for sure? It is mentioned in the FAQ on the showmesomeinfo site as "a speed warning alarm that is fitted to Middle East models. If you want to disable it, the alarm is located behind the dashboard clocks." Just doesn't tell me how to disable it and no offence but I don't fancy the large hammer option.

Simon

Comment

OMG - I aint picked mine up yet - does this mean I've got this to look forward to?

Arrrg the bells the bells
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
            OMG - I aint picked mine up yet - does this mean I've got this to look forward to?

Arrrg the bells the bells

Take dash apart thendrive to required speed to start the alarm then just pull the wires off till it stops.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

To stop the dinging, you will need to remove the dash - instructions are at www.showmesome.info/hilux - you'll probably never need to go anywhere else for info on Surfs - and then you will be able to remove the three screws holding the chimer to the back of the dash panel. A good time to check all the lights work too! You will have to remove the speedo cable if yours is a mechanical one. This is easy, but putting it back is not. To give yourself a bit more room, unclip the speedo from its clips under the bonnet. This will give you enough room to put the cable connector back in place.

Good luck and watch out for scraped arms broken finger nails etc.....
              [font=Impact]Cheers![/font]
              [font=Impact][/font]
              [font=Impact][/font]
              [font=Impact][/font]
              [font=Impact]Laurie[/font]
              [font=Impact][/font]
              [font=Impact][/font]

Comment

Mine`s a Japanese import. I was cruising quite happily at 100 MPH down a French "peage" on Friday, no ringing bells, just the purrfect hum of a finely tuned engine.

Comment

Hey Laurie l was going to say that.
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                    Hey Laurie l was going to say that.
                    Sorry Bob, I thought you'd finished with those words hehehehe
                    [font=Impact]Cheers![/font]
                    [font=Impact][/font]
                    [font=Impact][/font]
                    [font=Impact][/font]
                    [font=Impact]Laurie[/font]
                    [font=Impact][/font]
                    [font=Impact][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by lauriescott
                      Sorry Bob, I thought you'd finished with those words hehehehe
                      I'ts a standard fitment I think on Jap cars however most of them have already been removed. I think it's actually a legal requirement in Japan although why I don't know, they spend most of their time in Traffic unable to go at 120kph or there abouts.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Not looking forward to doing it, but at least I now know enough to give it a go, I think......
                        And at least I have some reassurance that whoever owned the truck before me wasn't some speed freak whose ragged the engine to bits. Unless of course he was deaf!!

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                          Mine`s a Japanese import. I was cruising quite happily at 100 MPH down a French "peage" on Friday, no ringing bells, just the purrfect hum of a finely tuned engine.
                          100mph!!! you got a jet strapped to the roof or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            Take dash apart thendrive to required speed to start the alarm then just pull the wires off till it stops.
                            I feel this thread is not being taken seriously by some peeps!!

John
                            http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by lauriescott
                              To stop the dinging, you will need to remove the dash - instructions are at www.showmesome.info/hilux - you'll probably never need to go anywhere else for info on Surfs - and then you will be able to remove the three screws holding the chimer to the back of the dash panel. A good time to check all the lights work too! You will have to remove the speedo cable if yours is a mechanical one. This is easy, but putting it back is not. To give yourself a bit more room, unclip the speedo from its clips under the bonnet. This will give you enough room to put the cable connector back in place.

Good luck and watch out for scraped arms broken finger nails etc.....
                              This 'chimer'..... would this perhaps be the same annoying chiming stupid thing that tells the driver that the car is in reverse gear ? Coz ours beeps on the inside of the car when you go backwards coz we're obviously not clever enough to work it out on our own !!!!!

Jim
                              [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Working...
                              X