Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light Fiasco

Hi All,

I new to this forum. I've had my Surf (2.4 SSR Limited 1990) for about 4 months and brought it in the UK ( it was imported about 3 years ago ) I have a few questions if you dont mind ?

1/ Fog light-I understand you need this !!!! and i HAD one ! however i did a little off roading and seem to have lost it ! Is there anyone who has found a better place to mount it other than under the rear bumper ?

2/ I have a A bar for the truch but i am missing the 2 brackets to attach it with does anyone know where i can get them - or does anyone have some that they could mesure for me so i can make them ?

3/ The grils in the back of the truck ( behind the rear seats ) look like there for speakers am i right and if so any ideas where i could get some ?

Thanks in advance for your help i off to post in the Green lanes forum to see if any of you want to go out in oxfordshire.

Many thanks,

James
    James
    [I]Short cuts are Fun[/I]

Originally posted by Zep-er-lyn
    Fog light-I understand you need this !!!! and i HAD one ! however i did a little off roading and seem to have lost it ! Is there anyone who has found a better place to mount it other than under the rear bumper ?
    Wtg James,

Mine is mounted ON my rear bumper, others have theirs mounted in the bumpers, and then there are some who have converted one of the reversing lamps - take your pick !

There is also a couple who are mounting the foglights under the bumpers, but hanging them using velcro.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Zep-er-lyn
      3/ The grils in the back of the truck...
      Thought you said 'girls' there for a sec.

Comment

Lots of people including me have done the in-bumper conversion:
        http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/foglights.htm

Reasonable amount of work but looks good and tidy and no more probs when off-roading.
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Thanks for the replys everyone i will have a look at the in-bumper mounting.

It disapeared as i was Sliding down a hill in very deep ruts ( tractor ) and the bottom of the surf just bellied out and slid down the hill !! I wont be doing that in a hurry !!

Thanks,

James

Short cuts are fun !
          James
          [I]Short cuts are Fun[/I]

Comment

Hi, as for the A bar question, do you need the two L shaped bits that bolt between the bar and truck?? if so, I think I have some. I got an A bar last year and it had a set already on. When I went to fit it I found their were already two on the truck.
            I think I still have them in a box of bits somewhere.

If I can help please feel free to e-mail me.

Regards

Alastair
            sparkyaj@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X