Fiesta problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta problem

Hi, this is not a question about Surfs, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought my son a Ford Fiesta Mk 3 for his first car. It has a problem with the central locking - sometimes locks and unlocks the doors when he's driving and if he leaves it parked somewhere and locked, it is unlocked when he gets back!

Jacqueline

Stating the obvious...

Originally posted by jax
    Hi, this is not a question about Surfs, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought my son a Ford Fiesta Mk 3 for his first car. It has a problem with the central locking - sometimes locks and unlocks the doors when he's driving and if he leaves it parked somewhere and locked, it is unlocked when he gets back!

Jacqueline
    ...sell it and buy another Surf!

or

You can buy remote central locking kits (including solenoids) on ebay (less than £30). Requires a little experience to fit and disconnect the existing one, but might be easier and cheaper than trying to fix the existing one. (That's what I'm doing with my surf.)

Rob
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Possibly the osf door actuator is weak/worn and is allowing the rod to drop and sets off the other door motors as is the main lock controler .
      I stopped working at Fords 10 years ago so my memory is not that good any more .

Rick

PS wot did I just say ?
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Is it remote central locking from a key fob thingy?

Comment

[QUOTE=Vagrant No2]
          I stopped working at Fords 10 years ago so my memory is not that good any more .[QUOTE]

wow so if you stop working a fords your memory starts to go, best bet is to get another job there so your memory comes back!!!
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

[QUOTE=Koi][QUOTE=Vagrant No2]
            I stopped working at Fords 10 years ago so my memory is not that good any more .

wow so if you stop working a fords your memory starts to go, best bet is to get another job there so your memory comes back!!!
            Got an interview today at 11.00 .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              What at Fords?

Good luck.

It doesn't help with the lock problem, but I kmow of a 2 Serrias and a Mondeo that all lock/unlock themselves at will. We normally drive around in it going click/clonk click/clonk non-stop. Its a regular problem, anyone who works on Fords should know what it is.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

[QUOTE=Vagrant No2][QUOTE=Koi]
                Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                Good luck Rick

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

As rick says, check the door motors... also check the wiring, damaged cabling... would lead to 'odd' earth signals triggering the door motor.

Also, if it has an alarm on it... how sensitive or how much range does the remote have...? heard of people sitting on remotes and triggering the central locking because they had a very long range on their remotes and coming back to the car to find it open.

And bumping the quarter panel real hard on 'some' fords tends to operate the door motors... (so I have heard...)

andyL
                  Last edited by AndyLala; 18 April 2005, 08:23.

Comment

Working...
                  X