Roger Brown Body Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Brown Body Lift

just ordered a 2" body lift kit with gear lever extensions from roger in states has anybody fitted one of these kits and know if theres any special tools or things i need to look out for any help would be very helpful ive never done anythig like this before cheers

I fitted a 2" RB kit a year ago and everything I can tell you is in the 'Modifications' section in a thread on the last or second last page. Good luck. I didnt bother with gearstick extensions and shifting can be fairly tight because of the gaiters on the sticks, but I fixed it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      I fitted a 2" RB kit a year ago and everything I can tell you is in the 'Modifications' section in a thread on the last or second last page. Good luck. I didnt bother with gearstick extensions and shifting can be fairly tight because of the gaiters on the sticks, but I fixed it in the end.
      cheers for that am going to follow your post to the t then when it all goes t**s up i can blame you ha ha ha im thinking of doing a 2" suspension lift soon as well does anyone think this will be a problem after the body lift or should i do that first?

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
        cheers for that am going to follow your post to the t then when it all goes t**s up i can blame you ha ha ha im thinking of doing a 2" suspension lift soon as well does anyone think this will be a problem after the body lift or should i do that first?
        you did notice the unique disclaimer at the top didnt you???

its easy, better done with 2 coz 2 do 3 times the work of 1 !

you can rust-seal your front bumper while you have it off (hows that for kinky )

If I bought another surf I would do a bodylift again no doubt about it, its toooo cheap not to.

The steering column grommet has been destroyed though and you might look at preventing that by loosening the bolts at the firewall pre-lift and checking after the lift.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
          I shall be fitting my 'laser_jock 2" lift kit' pretty soon- so let us know how you get on. I'm also not sure if the gear lever extensions are necessary on an auto?

I already fitted a 2" suspension lift. A 2" body lift on top should allow fittment of up to 33" tyres.

Don't forget the compulsory before-n-after pictures!

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
          X