Auction Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Prices

This might be cheeky but I wondered if anyone has any experience of the prices 2nd and 3rd Gen 3.0D are going for at the import auctions.

I am despirate for a Surf, got large dogs that even as a pup still has managed to outgrow the estate car....My fault for owning a big dog really, but a fine excuse to get a Surf.

Anyhoo I am not really in the position to buy one in SVA'd finished status as they all seem very pricey and I am quite handy with my tools so figured out if it was more affordable I would buy at auction and have it SVA'd myself.

I am searching the rest of the threads about SVAing but am not sure why I would need to hire a model report??

Cheers guys

Yours, despirate to find my one true love. A surf.....

funny that you mention this i was chatting to a guy yesterday who had bought a 94 paj in excellent nick from an auction at doinnington race track...
    asked if hed tell me how much he had paid, take into account the car was bimta cert and sva'd cost £4.500 wow i said how much for 3.0L surf did you see any go through oh yes he said were bringing in about 3K for 2nd gens in good nick now after having a surf now for over a year i am no experct but i know my car (touching wood) is sound, so guess where im going to buy my next one after all body wise theres no touching them its just mechanical and like most cars you have a good look round check things over do yer servicing asap sort out the fog light and change the clocks and away ya go sort of. plus the 3.0L is pretty good in engine dep anyway. deffo summat to consider
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

going to auctions on monday will check price and let you guys know.

Comment

Import Auctions

Hi, I have personally imported 15 cars in the last year ( making about £1000 profit on each) and as such am a part time trader, i would be very wary of buying from import auctions as these cars are sent en mass to the UK and most are problem cars. The cars are not sold in Japan due to condition, servicing etc etc and are not as good quality as the cars bought direct.

It is very easy to buy direct and you can buy from a tokyo auction with full checks before and buy a car with 1 or 2 owners and full service history ( most have full service schedules and are better quality and dont suffer the head problems that most auction cars have)
        I am not trying to solicit business as it is easy to do yourself , but take care if buying from these auction houses and take a mechanic with you.

Comment

UKVIHA
          No worries about soliciting me, it is nice to get advice from all corners.

As for the auction, if I decide to buy from a UK auction then two of my closest buddies have volunteered to assist, one builds and restores cars and bikes and one is a mechanic of 20 years. And of course moi...

As for importing myself, not sure I am brave enough to cope with all the paperwork and organising. Much respect to yourself for doing so though.

What is a rough idea for a vehicle from yourself, are they SVA'd etc and ready to roll?? Cant hurt to get a quote from yourself.

MAGGS
          I would appreciate an idea of the cost and quality. Where abouts are you going??

I am seriously jealous of all the Surfs I see driving around my locality and really really need to be in my own.

Cheers

Comment

the auction is in durham. i will keep my eyes open for you. i have also been to liverpool bristol and southhampton. i bought my surf at auction and have not had any problems with it. dont worry about sva and model reports i can get around those problems. hope this helps will let you know prices tomorrow.

Comment

auctions

I am in the process of looking to buy a Surf. At a recent visit to a dealer I saw a vehicle I liked the look of .He said it was not for sale as it had arrived from Japan and a check found expensive problems so it would be going to Donnington import auction.

Comment

Originally posted by maggs
                the auction is in durham. i will keep my eyes open for you. i have also been to liverpool bristol and southhampton. i bought my surf at auction and have not had any problems with it. dont worry about sva and model reports i can get around those problems. hope this helps will let you know prices tomorrow.
                Is this the Auction?
                http://www.durhamcma.co.uk/
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/view_rigs.php

Comment

Originally posted by ukviha
                  Hi, I have personally imported 15 cars in the last year ( making about £1000 profit on each) and as such am a part time trader, i would be very wary of buying from import auctions as these cars are sent en mass to the UK and most are problem cars. The cars are not sold in Japan due to condition, servicing etc etc and are not as good quality as the cars bought direct.

It is very easy to buy direct and you can buy from a tokyo auction with full checks before and buy a car with 1 or 2 owners and full service history ( most have full service schedules and are better quality and dont suffer the head problems that most auction cars have)
                  I am not trying to solicit business as it is easy to do yourself , but take care if buying from these auction houses and take a mechanic with you.
                  have to agree wit u there it is very easy to do urself personally i would stay well clear from these port auctions anothers most r low graded an damaged repaired

Comment

Erm, i have i missed something here, if you want to buy a Surf at a UK auction or at a UK Dealer or from a private sale, you get to kick the tyres etc etc.

I've lost count ofthe number of Dealers full time or part time who Guess What all buy there surf's from Japan : its a joke just think about first, some do some don't but they all say they do sounds better, some even go out to Japan & buy direct, eh even if they do its from a Japanese Auction. Most buy from the UK port of entry auctions, why price & time, they don't give a pennies toss about condition of a Surf, just selling them.

As for buying direct form Japan, is that through an auction or thru an agent, just one thought who kicks the tyres for you ??

The bottom line is either you have someone who acts as an agent in Japan, who is reliable & good at his or her job ( & these are not easy to find - just like the uk ) or you buy in the UK from wherever & inspect the Surf first & pay extra, but see it first & not have to wait 8 or 10 weeks for her to arrive.

The bottom line is far more members have bought Surf's in the UK than have imported them in whatever format, vast majority are happy with there Surf, just read the posts.

A head problem was mentioned " as most auctioned cars have" twaddle as far as Surf's are concerned about 20% or so of the 2.4 L diesel's on this forum have had problems, very very few 3.0's & i'll bet most if not all Surf's on the forum have come thru an Auction in either Japan or UK

So lets put things right here guys, you pays your money & get what you pay for, take your time & look around, talk with forum members, then decide.

If you want to buy in Japan & import / Buy from UK auction / Buy from a dealer in UK / buy from a forum member / buy off e-bay & the likes

" Fine its your money & Your choice"

In any case good hunting & i hope you get a goodun
                    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

hi coggie do you want the prices posted here or shall i mail them to you?

Comment

and remember, if buying from auction, they're sold as seem and all you get to do is "kick the tyres"
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hi maggs
                          did u go to the auction today ?
                          what sort of prices did the 3rd gens ( 96 plates etc ) fetch ?
                          also did you notice the price for any swb pajeros ?
                          cheers
                          craig
                          3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

Surf ssrx light blue 1/96 after market alloys x5 110 kms 2x scuffs on front bumber £5650.
                            Surf ssrx light blue 8/96 standard car not the best paint and trim? £5100
                            Surf ssrg light blue 9/96 nice car after market alloys wood trim clean inside and out £5450
                            Surf ssrx dark blue 6/92 clean car nice alloys back bumper had rot but stood nice £2000
                            Surf ssrx red 4/94 bull bar nice alloys clean car good paint clean trim £3050

prado tx 4/97 nice clean car 57kms? but did look nice. camper kit fitted in rear all toys but no wood trim £7150 this car was not sold as they wanted £7700.
                            hope this helps.

Comment

nice 1 m8, thanks for the info:

This one:
                              Surf ssrg light blue 9/96 nice car after market alloys wood trim clean inside and out £5450

Seems TO CHEAP !
                              3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

Working...
                              X