Wiring for rear fog lights & Black Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for rear fog lights & Black Box

Hi. I have just bought a 1992 SSRX 2.4 diesel. The workshop manual says that there is wiring in the loom for rear fog lights, but it covers several years/models and is not that clear.

Does anyone know where/if the end will be in with the rear lights, or tucked up somewhere out of view, and whereabouts in the dash will the wire be located, so I know where I can put the switch. Also, what colour wire am I looking for?

Also, under the dash is a black box, called Starbo Mode Switch, which has a switch attached to it. The rest of the writing is in Japanese. Does anyone know what this is for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Steve G
    Hi. I have just bought a 1992 SSRX 2.4 diesel. The workshop manual says that there is wiring in the loom for rear fog lights, but it covers several years/models and is not that clear.

Does anyone know where/if the end will be in with the rear lights, or tucked up somewhere out of view, and whereabouts in the dash will the wire be located, so I know where I can put the switch. Also, what colour wire am I looking for?

Also, under the dash is a black box, called Starbo Mode Switch, which has a switch attached to it. The rest of the writing is in Japanese. Does anyone know what this is for?

Any help would be appreciated.
    The attachment is a wiring diagram for a 1990-on 4Runner and it shows the wiring for a rear foglight with the colours and also a rear foglight relay. As the foglights are not supossed to be on without the taillights then that must be the function of the relay. Not sure where the wiring may be hidden but hope this helps. The switch for the rear foglights on my Surf, (which were fitted after import and before I bought the Surf) is on the far r/h of the dash where the suspension hard/soft switch is located so that may be where the switch wire is located by the factory. Don't know what the Starbo Mode Switch is - it may have been for some after market stuff the original owner had fitted.
    Attached Files
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

I have the black box thingy aswell, It's a type of turbo timer. Mine works by pulling on the handbrake befor switching off the engine.
      Also I have some sort of ariel thingy attached to the drivers side sun visor,it sayson it Remocon remote starter, but I have'nt got the remote for it, but when the turbo timer is activated, a red l.e.d. comes on.

Comment

Working...
      X