Rear Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Seats

This may sound like a daft question (and I'm waiting for the abuse) I picked my Surf on Friday, got it very muddy on Saturday and like you chaps and chapettes I'm happy as a pig in poo. However. I can't get the rear seats to fold down properly. Firstly I need a pair of knobs (I don't mean Cannon and Ball) to let the seats down. Mine disintergrated on the first use. So The uprights will fold forwards. Logic dictates that the base seat should flip up first! But I cannot find the release mechanism. Help me please as I need to move a load of beds next week and the wife will kill me if the jeep won't do what I said it could!!
    Cheers people

Chris (aka Sheeprus)
    I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Stick your hand down in between the upright and the base, around the middle of each section. Feel around and you will find a little strap/loop. Pull this.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Release mechanism for the bottom seats is 2 loops of materieal between the bottom and upper part of the seats, near the middle where the seatbelt catches come out - put you hand down there and feel around until you find the loops, then pull.

Ahh - slugsie beat me to it...
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        Stick your hand down in between the upright and the base, around the middle of each section. Feel around and you will find a little strap/loop. Pull this.

Superb!! I'll pop out to the car park and try it out in a mo!! Cheers mate.
        Have a pint of the black stuff on me.

Cheers from Cork

Chris

Comment

Providing the wire that the knobs screw into are ok then new knobs are available through Toyota.No idea what they charge over there though.

Neville

Comment

Found the straps and I now feel like a total fool!

Anyhow, I'll stop off at the Toy delears here. Toyotas are the biggest sellers over here so should have no probs!

Thanks chaps, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
              Found the straps and I now feel like a total fool!

Anyhow, I'll stop off at the Toy delears here. Toyotas are the biggest sellers over here so should have no probs!

Thanks chaps, much appreciated
              Don't worry about feeling a fool - Iv'e had my Surf 8 months - forgot where the straps were and spent half an hour trying to dismantle the bl**dy thing to drop the back seats down - Doh !!!
              Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
              X