X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control 1994 SSR G 3.0TD

Hi guys,

First post - be nice to me.

Just bought a 1994 SSR G 3.0 TD in Wellington, NZ.

Car is in excellent condition but has no user manual.

What's the score with the cruise control buttons on the red alloy steering wheel? I know that pressing the left button and middle button together turns it on and off. How do you set the cruise speed?

Cheers,

Dan

Originally posted by chaytord
    Hi guys,

First post - be nice to me.

Just bought a 1994 SSR G 3.0 TD in Wellington, NZ.

Car is in excellent condition but has no user manual.

What's the score with the cruise control buttons on the red alloy steering wheel? I know that pressing the left button and middle button together turns it on and off. How do you set the cruise speed?

Cheers,

Dan
    Welcome aboard Dan
    Not too sure on how quick you'll get an answer to this one, as cruise control would seem to be a pretty rare option on the Surfs, altough aftermarket systems are often found.
    I've never seen the version you refer to with buttons on the wheel, hopefully some of the others will have seen it before.
    Any chance of a picture of the wheel?
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

i have cruise on my ssrg it has 3 buttons the left botton turns it on and off.the 2 buttons on the right the first is for cancel the 2nd is like a rocker switch press it down to set the cruise and up to make it go faster. hope this helps.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by maggs; 11 April 2005, 08:44. Reason: add pics

Comment

Originally posted by maggs
        i have cruise on my ssrg it has 3 buttons the left botton turns it on and off.the 2 buttons on the right the first is for cancel the 2nd is like a rocker switch press it down to set the cruise and up to make it go faster. hope this helps.
        Thanks but my wheel is totally different. I will get more details and a picture uploaded. It is basically a momo type wheel with no airbag. In the centre of the wheel is the horn, and upong the centre binnacle there are three small buttons. Makes for interesting driving when you beep at somebody........

Comment

Ashley has Cruise Control on his, same as Maggs, in the original steering wheel. Only factory CC I've ever seen on a 2nd gen. But nows at least 2!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

mine just like maggs's
            i would reccommend you find a quiet but of motorway (if you can) and have a play about with the buttons you'll know the right button for turning it on as the warning light will come on on the dash, after that find a good cruising speed say 65 and press a button if the car doesnt maintain it get up again and try them till you know till you know the combo for the set speed....resume acceleration...... and cancel sorted....
            if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

i'd recommend M27 at 4am... maybe a long drive for you, but it's definately quiet then!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You might try this as it looks like the same set up on my wifes old car.

The left button is to turn in on.You can do this when whenever you want to use it.Either before you start or during your journey.
                Then when you are doing say 65 push the button that say set cruise.If you want to increase that to 70 or 75 just use the increase button this will speed you up and change the cruise speed. Just push cancel to reset it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mike
                I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Cheers guys

Ta

Will try out the "push and pray" method down the beach. Not many motorways around here and the M27 is a bit too far away. Might need a few guns of silicon, a snorkel exhaust and a few ocean going charts to make it in one piece. Hey - anyboy else from Aus or NZ on this forum????

I don't have a pic of the steering wheel yet - just one of the car in the building tip that resembles my driveway. Maybe it might help meantime.....

Thanks again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                    Welcome aboard Dan
                    Not too sure on how quick you'll get an answer to this one, as cruise control would seem to be a pretty rare option on the Surfs, altough aftermarket systems are often found.
                    I've never seen the version you refer to with buttons on the wheel, hopefully some of the others will have seen it before.
                    Any chance of a picture of the wheel?
                    Please see attached picture.

The cruise control light comes on (green next to the suspension setting light)in the dashboard when I press the left "accel" button and the middle "main" button. Likewise it goes off when I press the aforementioned two buttons again. Whilst the cruise control light is on in the dashboard, pressing the "accel" button speeds up the vehicle.

I have tried pressing the "set-c" button at speed but it justs slows down when I take my foot off the accelerator.

I suspect there may be a wiring problem regarding the "set-c" button........thoughts anyone?

Dan
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X