Wishbone bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishbone bushes

I am a new surf owner and have just found a grinding noise on the front suspension when taking up the drive in full lock for manoeuvering it looks like the rear lower wish bone bush has collapsed. Doesn't look too bad to do but Milners say they don't do them for the LN130 and to go to the main dealer who want £85 for 2 any one know of any other relable suppliers?

grinding on full lock usually means your steering bump stops, they prevent the steering arms over-steering causing the wheels to turn too far and rub etc.

the fix for that is a dab of grease, thats it

Comment

Originally posted by Shades
      I am a new surf owner and have just found a grinding noise on the front suspension when taking up the drive in full lock for manoeuvering it looks like the rear lower wish bone bush has collapsed. Doesn't look too bad to do but Milners say they don't do them for the LN130 and to go to the main dealer who want £85 for 2 any one know of any other relable suppliers?
      Try using the Search facility here, you will find that it may just cost you some grease

Tip look for "grinding" or "Bumpstops"

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Try using the Search facility here, you will find that it may just cost you some grease

Tip look for "grinding" or "Bumpstops"

Trev

Thanks for the tip and I have looked on the site but it is definitely a wishbone bush gone. When it is in full lock the wishbone drops back and grinds against the mounting. I just wondered if anyone knew of an alternative supplier for the bushes as its a bit steep £85 for a couple of bushes.

Comment

Try ROUGHTRAX
          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Lower control arm bushes are not available in Australia from anyone but Toyota and probably the same over there.They are around $90 each here.

If one needs replacing then do all 4.They will cause excessive tyre wear if worn and wheel alignment will be out.

Neville
            Last edited by NiftyNev; 10 April 2005, 01:23.

Comment

E-mailed you mate.

Originally posted by Shades
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

www.explorerprocomp.co.uk do them also. I'd go with them!
                Great service!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Hi,

I found these when I was dreaming of replacing all my bushes . . .

http://www.superpro.eu.com/main.htm

Good Luck

Mark
                  :

Comment

Working...
                  X