Anyone out there any good with TV aerials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there any good with TV aerials

Living in Wickford we have a booster to increase signal strength. picture on all channels has gone fuzzy, no signal being received on digibox as well.
    Have check booster and power is ok.
    Only want to clamber on roof as a last resort.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Started with a beast now I have a beauty

get someone who knows what they are on about, youve only to think of Rod Hull
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

does it work without booster?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

plug main down lead from the aerial in to the TV and see if you have a signal, if no ,you need a man with a ladder !
        if yes, try via didgi box and so on

Comment

If you talk to me nicely i could be persuaded to drive down to wickford. and from wickford you should not need any form of booster amp unless you are feeding more than one tv or unless their is a small box at the aerial which is a mast head amp which could of gone down..

If you get a rigger in make sure he is CAI registered it is the industry standard and check them out against the list of registered members
          Last edited by mark g8awo; 9 April 2005, 16:24.
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
            get someone who knows what they are on about, youve only to think of Rod Hull

Its just a pity that he didn't remember emus cant fly...they always have their heads in the ground....possibly why LOL
            Gaz

Comment

I would first check engineering information on teletext or internet before calling anyone out in case its a transmitter fault.
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

I tend to buy all my TV aerial stuff, audio connects etc from CPC:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp

Is a lot cheaper than most places & has got all the boosters and aerials you'll ever need.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                  I tend to buy all my TV aerial stuff, audio connects etc from CPC:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp

Is a lot cheaper than most places & has got all the boosters and aerials you'll ever need.

Nevillef
                  thanx to everyone that replied, spent 3 hours this afternnon sorted coaxials etc. Now half the house is working if not better than b4.
                  Will be attempting remainder later on in the week.
                  Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Working...
                  X