New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

hi every one i have just aquired a 1992 surf ssr-x of my father ,it was his and hwe past away 2 months ago.
    anyway this thing is awsome ,there is a off road spot near my house with mud steep climbs and deep deep ruts ,the hilux copes with ease .
    recently it has been almost overheating,sometimes the heater blows cold and then suddenly it is blowing hot ? causing the temp guage to rise quite high.it has not overheated yet but ,im worried cos i have read the threasds about the 2.4 head probs.is this the start of a nightmare or is it just airlocked .any help would be appreciated,
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Hi mate,

Sounds like you're got airlocks in your coolant system, search this site for coolant system bleed or burping.

Mine had the same problem a couple of months back. I drained and re-filled the system via the rad cap, then squeezed the trapped air out of the narrow hose running into the heater matrix, and just toped up via the rad cap - you can loosen the heater matrix hose to help get rid of this air quicker.

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by paulc; 8 April 2005, 16:13.

Comment

If you use the seach facility you will find information regarding burping the coolant also you could construct a very simple bleed valve arrangment on the hoses into the heater matrix.
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

You could also check the radiator isn't all clogged up with mud if you have been giving a bit of welly off road, sometimes this can cause an overheat.

Andy.

Comment

Working...
        X