Poi Warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poi Warner

does anyone know where i can get point of interest warner for tomtom 3 ?????? cheers
    Lee

Originally posted by leejs_uk
    does anyone know where i can get point of interest warner for tomtom 3 ?????? cheers

POI-Warner is at http://www.navigating.de/

Found this to be good: www.gpsassist.net from PromaSoft as an add on and easy download to run behind TomTom. Set Speed Limits and Audible sounds against POI's etc.
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
      POI-Warner is at http://www.navigating.de/

Found this to be good: www.gpsassist.net from PromaSoft as an add on and easy download to run behind TomTom. Set Speed Limits and Audible sounds against POI's etc.
      cheers Gaz

i'l check it out

Lee

Comment

The missus just got a tom tom and it already has all that stuff on it.I take it you can buy ones with different software???
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
          The missus just got a tom tom and it already has all that stuff on it.I take it you can buy ones with different software???
          Suppose they're adding the enhancement on these days or suppose it depends upon where you get the package from.
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66

the version i have tomtom3 has all the points of interest on but you dont get verbally warned !
            need to know about them pesky speed camera's
            Lee

Comment

the version i have tomtom3 has all the points of interest on but you dont get verbally warned !

I concur with leejs_uk...no audible warnings are provided with TomTom. I may have misunderstood the previous comments as POI's are included.
              So far I have found the GPSAssist [GPSRoute, GPS-POIManager etc.. modules] to be the easiest to use.
              Gaz

Comment

Try here Leejs_uk...................... .........like the aviator

The verbal warnings need adding via the options in checkpoint. There is a seperate d/load for the voices.

Comment

I have used CheckPoint and the UK saftey camera database on mine before (as kazam401 suggest above):
                  http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php

But I found the camera database to be a bit useless - seems people have added all sorts of traffic cameras to the db (not speed cameras, just the cameras that they use to monitor traffic flow etc on motorways) plus temporary speed cameras that had sinced moved and stuff like that - I just found you got so many false alarms becuase of this it just got annoying.
                  No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I use CheckPoint on mine. Yes, there are a lot of false entries, usually for mobile speed cameras. However, you don't need to set the verbal warnings for all the camera types. It's a PITA to setup unitially, but once it's done it's done.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

checkpoint

where do i get checkpoint is it a seperate programe ?
                      Lee

Comment

where do i get checkpoint is it a seperate programe ?

www.pocketgps.co.uk
                        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

verbal warnings

i have this checkpoint on mine but i couldnt find any verbal warnings ? any body any ideas where to get them ?

Comment

Originally posted by doogie
                            i have this checkpoint on mine but i couldnt find any verbal warnings ? any body any ideas where to get them ?
                            Hi, when you download the camera database there is a file called WAV. Copy some or all of the sounds in this folder over to your PDA and then select which ones you want for each type of camera in Checkpoint. 30 second warning / 10 second warning.

Just a quick tip. You don't have to select audible warnings for mobile cameras etc if you are not bothered about having too many warnings. Also, you can set the field which Checkpoint is looking at ahead. Think it is set at 25 degrees as standard. this can give false warnings on motorways etc as it picks up camaras on ajacent roads. You can narrow the angle to make it more directional but then run a slight risk of not picking up a camera on a bend etc. Which is worse ?

Comment

Originally posted by doogie

I can only say

RTFM all the instructions are there on the website...there is 2 versions of checkpoint 3.2
                              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                              X