• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley to go Offroad

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=10215

Another heap of c**p (see Porsche Cayenne) to rescue from inch deep puddles

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Too true....
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

It's those sorts of vehicles that helped start the anti-4x4 brigade - Cayenne, X5, Toureg, XC90, M Class etc etc.
        Are they made for off-roading: no.
        Will anyone try to take them off-road: no, only the uber rich ones that can roll them and order another one the next day.
        Are they classed as 4x4s: Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          It's those sorts of vehicles that helped start the anti-4x4 brigade - Cayenne, X5, Toureg, XC90, M Class etc etc.
          Are they made for off-roading: no.
          Will anyone try to take them off-road: no, only the uber rich ones that can roll them and order another one the next day.
          Are they classed as 4x4s: Yes.
          Exactly!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The problem is some geologists have just taken a Touareg up the worlds highest volcano in South America (6080m), the highest a vehicle has ever been. It was the 3.2 V6 as well. If only they'd stick to the school run
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

trouble is, the xc90 is making absolutley massess of money. they sold about 3 times more than forcasted so get ready for more of these statement cars. i'm not towing em out.....
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I wonder if it will be sold with all terrain or mud terrain tyres.
                If not, WHAT'S THE B####Y POINT OF IT?????????

Comment

Now when I see expensive 4x4 stuck in the mud I drop into 2wd and do a donut - just to prove that I can do it. It's quite satisfying showering them with !!!!e. It's payback for when they pass me at 120 on the M1.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    Now when I see expensive 4x4 stuck in the mud I drop into 2wd and do a donut - just to prove that I can do it. It's quite satisfying showering them with !!!!e. It's payback for when they pass me at 120 on the M1.
                    Went a car boot sale on Sunday, parked the Surf at the very bottom end (read wet) of the field. Came back two hours later to find I'd been followed down there by a bunch of 2WD cars and a Mercedes M Class 4x4- which had dug itself four nice holes trying to move!!! Poor bloke could not understand why his 4WD was no use. When I pointed out that the road tyres the car came with were only of use ON THE ROAD he bleated "what's the point selling a 4WD with useless tyres"........

Anyway the Surf with it's (worn) MT tyres rips the Merc out (sideways!!) from its hole no trouble. I then spend 15 mins freeing other cars (most cars were light enough to push and get moving up to the dryer ground).

Moral- if going off the tarmac get at least AT tyres!

Nevillef

Comment

As you may have seen my surfs up for sale and I'm getting a van
                      First thing i'm gonna do.....
                      Get some AT's!
                      I couldnt take going into a field and getting stuck just after having sold the surf!!!
                      Plus I like the squeal the AT's make on the road

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                      Went a car boot sale on Sunday, parked the Surf at the very bottom end (read wet) of the field. Came back two hours later to find I'd been followed down there by a bunch of 2WD cars and a Mercedes M Class 4x4- which had dug itself four nice holes trying to move!!! Poor bloke could not understand why his 4WD was no use. When I pointed out that the road tyres the car came with were only of use ON THE ROAD he bleated "what's the point selling a 4WD with useless tyres"........

Anyway the Surf with it's (worn) MT tyres rips the Merc out (sideways!!) from its hole no trouble. I then spend 15 mins freeing other cars (most cars were light enough to push and get moving up to the dryer ground).

Moral- if going off the tarmac get at least AT tyres!

Nevillef
                      2 Tone Mud Master!
                      http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

why, oh, why, oh, why......

Call me old fashioned but I like a 4x4 to look like a 4x4!

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
                          why, oh, why, oh, why......

Call me old fashioned but I like a 4x4 to look like a 4x4!
                          Just goes to show- you can have all the fancy gizzmos, difflocks, traction control systems etc. etc. but if the tyres won't bite you're stuffed.

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
                          X