No announcement yet.

Look out Mr Fox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxes are cool, I wouldn't hunt them (or anything else) just for sport, but if they are a causing a problem it's time to thin the population a little.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Foxes are lovely critters, not much meat on them, but yon just about scrape a sandwich out of one.
      I will send my mate up there, his motto is,

If it moves, shoot it
      If it don't move, shoot it to make sure.
      Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Foxes are cool, I wouldn't hunt them (or anything else) just for sport, but if they are a causing a problem it's time to thin the population a little.

Foxes Glacier Mints are cool.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

hundreds of em round here and sound like a bunch o' monkeys when they scream. chasing a few pets i hear too...
          even caught a pair at it in our garden once - i have been scarred since.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by jax
            Hi all,

The sheep are lambing just now. During the last 5 days I have found 15 lambs killed by a fox/foxes and more just missing. The ones I've found have had all or part of their heads eaten. Some on them are still alive when found! It's been an absolute nightmare at the most important time for a sheep farmer who works 17hr days for the next 4/5 weeks.

I have called in a friend who is a gamekeeper and expert fox hunter. He has found lambs which the fox has buried, to eat later, because he has killed too many. I hope he shoots it tonight. Sorry if this offends anyone.

I have a hard time trying to convince my (townie) friends that foxes actually are vicious killers.

Now that I've got that off my chest I feel a bit better!

Jacqueline (cold, tired and hungry sheep farmer, badly in need of TLC)
            Jax.
            A pal of mine is the proud owner of a Greyhound X PBT X Greyhound , possibly the fastest set of teeth on legs and an extremely effecient dispatcher of foxes.He no longer has a fox problem! He's thinking of breeding this line, if your remotely interested or would like some advice or ideas give me a pm.
            P.S He's a Northern bloke who gets to the other side of the Watford gap frequently.
            A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INDENT]We got foxes living in the derilict garages and sheds around here . They kill the cats for food . We have them in our back garden and have chased our cats across the garage roofs trying to kill them . The other night about 6.30 I saw a fox drinking out of our fish pond by the patio . They are getting alot braver . Many are killed by cars . They run around at night as if they were in the country .

They have no road sense !

Rick[/INDENT
              ]

You need harder cats - I woke one morning to a strange banging at the back door and found one of our cats tring to drag a half dead fox through the cat flap! Incidentaly this was in the middle of Salford not out in the sticks.

Comment

HE GOT IT! Mr Fox is no more! but not before foxy crushed two skulls and left the lambs lying - didn't even eat them. Start on 2nd lot (another 3 lots to go) of sheep tomorrow where I have seen another fox but hopefully that will be despatched as well.

Thanks for all the support from everyone.

P.S. The sun has actually come out today although it was only 3C this morning.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  We find a lot of headless bunnies around here too - wonder if thats Mr Fox too?

thats a definate yes - I reckon we should shoot the bunnies - that'll stop the foxes getting them ay.
                  Dave

Comment

I passed Mr fox tonight, and he clearly had failed to take notice of this thread

For some unknown reason it's hard to win in a headbutting competition with a moving vehicle - he found out

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

American warewolf!

If your out late at night and you hear a fox scream, that sound is very similar to that of the American warewolf........don't stray fom the path!

Comment

friend of mine from work moved to oz for a few years, was being shown around a new friends farm, crop not live stock, and was proudly being shown the huge line of fox tails from every dead fox within range! only for the conversation to turn to how the guy couldn't understand the explosion in the rabbit population which was decimating his crops!
                        wrong targets perhaps?
                        ps glad you got yours, good luck with the rest
                        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                        X