Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look out Mr Fox!

Hi all,

The sheep are lambing just now. During the last 5 days I have found 15 lambs killed by a fox/foxes and more just missing. The ones I've found have had all or part of their heads eaten. Some on them are still alive when found! It's been an absolute nightmare at the most important time for a sheep farmer who works 17hr days for the next 4/5 weeks.

I have called in a friend who is a gamekeeper and expert fox hunter. He has found lambs which the fox has buried, to eat later, because he has killed too many. I hope he shoots it tonight. Sorry if this offends anyone.

I have a hard time trying to convince my (townie) friends that foxes actually are vicious killers.

Now that I've got that off my chest I feel a bit better!

Jacqueline (cold, tired and hungry sheep farmer, badly in need of TLC)
    Last edited by jax; 3 April 2005, 21:15.

Go get em..

Comment

it's only the townies that you're gonna offend!... funnily enough, the same lot that are against 4x4s probably!!...

christ!... they'll ban my weekly ninge drinking next!

p.s. they should bring back bare knuckle boxing at the fair to keep the young lads de-stressed!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

p.s. they should bring back bare knuckle boxing at the fair to keep the young lads de-stressed![/QUOTE]

Or 'slap-a-Chav' contest, see who can knock 'em the furthest.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Or 'slap-a-Chav' contest, see who can knock 'em the furthest.
          Can we slap them with a Surf?
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            p.s. they should bring back bare knuckle boxing at the fair to keep the young lads de-stressed!
            Or 'slap-a-Chav' contest, see who can knock 'em the furthest. [/QUOTE]
            saw 2 kiddies in a nightclub last night, sitting on the side table... door lady asked the to get down... they gave her a cocky smile.... she asked again... same...
            so she shouted, they got down
            ... lady bouncer walks off, they get back up, thinking they're the coolest!

lady has word with mean dude!
            mean dude comes over!
            mean dude wrenches them off the table!
            2 kids look a little more than sheepish!

Comment

Oh Jaxs - I feel for you... when we were in Ireland in Feb we stayed on a sheep farm, and the farmer dude told us he lost 10-15% of his lambs each year and half those were to foxes! It wouldnt be near so bad if the fox just took the 1 lamb he needed for food, but the sense less way they kill as many as they can is heartbreaking...

We find a lot of headless bunnies around here too - wonder if thats Mr Fox too?

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I hope he gets him to.

Iv'e seen the damage a single fox did in a hen coup in one night and I can't convince townie friends that a fox is not the cuddly pet they seem to believe it is.
                Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Sorted!

Comment

if the fox gets my chickens im going to post em. half to tony blair, half to the rspca. curse of modern living is ignorance does not preclude having an opinion.
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

We got foxes living in the derilict garages and sheds around here . They kill the cats for food . We have them in our back garden and have chased our cats across the garage roofs trying to kill them . The other night about 6.30 I saw a fox drinking out of our fish pond by the patio . They are getting alot braver . Many are killed by cars . They run around at night as if they were in the country .

They have no road sense !

Rick
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

so run em over!
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          so run em over!
                          I would , but they got faster cars then me

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                            We got foxes living in the derilict garages and sheds around here . They kill the cats for food . We have them in our back garden and have chased our cats across the garage roofs trying to kill them . The other night about 6.30 I saw a fox drinking out of our fish pond by the patio . They are getting alot braver . Many are killed by cars . They run around at night as if they were in the country .

They have no road sense !

Rick
                            thought urban fox ate dustbins??

ever heard a fox scream?... scary!!

we had the police out one night cos someone had reported a fow scream, they came out with loads of dogs, but never asked why we were all walting around soaking wet in swimming trunks!

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]thought urban fox ate dustbins??

ever heard a fox scream?... scary!!

QUOTE]
                              The metal gets in their teeth . ! High iron diet !

Yeah , they scream LOUD .

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X