Advice needed-carriage of bulky items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed-carriage of bulky items

I need to have a Caravan Awning transported from Hampshire to the Inverness area. Has anyone recently had to send a bulky item (2 items totalling 31.6 kg) via a carrier and can advise me of the most economical way to do it , please.
    Last edited by filgreen; 13 April 2005, 12:58. Reason: Spelling mistake

Originally posted by filgreen
    I need to have a Caravan Awning transported from Hampshire to the Inverness area. Has anyone recently had to send a bulky item (2 items totalling 31.6 kg) via a carrier and can advise me of the most economical way to do it , please.
    shame, i'm in aberdeen on 23rd, but flying!... organise a surf train, only costs a cuppa and bacon butty!

edit: depending on circumstances, i could take it to near duraham on 15th if that's any good... but i'd have to confirm nearer the time cos it may change!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

We sent an awning to the Isle of Man via Parcel Force for £25 . They picked it up from the house too

Give them a ring and ask for a quote .

If you want a laugh ring DHL , they quoted us £547 for the same awning

Needless to say Parcelforce picked it up the next day .

Comment

Sent a porch awning via normal 1st class mail including insurance for £12.50 I should think this is the most economic way.
        [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

citylink are good and not that expensive.

Whereabouts in Hampshire? I'm sure we could pickup and deliver to the Slug for him to bring north on 15th...
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Advice needed-carriage of bulky items I normally sit in the drivers seat.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks to all who have given advice, (some not so helpful-Kitesurf Phil!!) I will be checking prices tomorrow and will make a post in case it would help anyone else.

Re a Surf train, 15th may be a bit late but will keep in touch. Thanks all

Comment

get yourself one of these...
                Attached Files
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Bulky Items-Some info

Originally posted by filgreen
                  After exhaustive investigation:

Up to 20kgs and max 1.5m in length/width/hieght Post Office (Royal Mail) Standard parcels is the way to go

Then 20 to 30kgs/1.5m Parcelforce is the option

After that carriers-ring around as it depends on the destination (especially if north to south and including Scotland north of the Central Belt-Interlink Express was cheapest for me

Hope this helps someone.
                  Last edited by filgreen; 13 April 2005, 12:57.

Comment

Working...
                  X