going for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firefly
    Just had a chat with UDTrev and thats it me minds made up im now an official or should i say soon to be an official veggie burner, infact im quite looking forward to my first trip out in my veriaable veg munchin maroon marauder.
    Thanks Trev for the chat and putting my mind at ease
    hi m8 been running mine for 8 months with mobile fish & chip shop curtasy of aldi at 46p per litre 50/50 mix and runs lovely and makes most people look for a fast food outlet even when theres none to be found LONG LIVE SURFS,but not if green peace get there way

Comment

CostCo

I'm a regular at CostCo, and I'm also on the verge of converting to veg oil!

Looked at the weekend and the Leeds branch is selling oil at 44p/ltr.

I still can't get my head round pouring veg oil into the tank!!

p.s. CostCo is fantastic - pay your tenner (actually think it's a bit more than that, but you'll not regret it - took someone two years to convince me and now I wish I'd listened earlier - no I'm not on commission!)

Rob
      Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

cheers guys
        got 10 L in our baby today no call from wife saying its at the side of the road so whoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo
        still looking into Xantia dont seem to be able to find info about if the pump will take it neat of if i need to have a kit fitted
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

cheers guys
          got 10 L in our baby today no call from wife saying its at the side of the road so whoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo
          still looking into Xantia dont seem to be able to find info about if the pump will take it neat of if i need to have a kit fitted
          Looking at the goat industries database, all the Citroen's seem to use Bosch fuel pumps, a good indicator of an engines ability to use vegoil, have a look here for details of some Citroen's running veggie, only one xantia listed tho.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

cheers guys
            Just watch out if she decides to open the sunroof and the rear window - YOU will get the blame for her having a massive attack of the munchies !!!!!

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

just been intouch with the customs and extotrtion dept was told not to use oil till i had been verifyied oooooooooooooopss never mind.

Comment

so obviously they have to do some paperwork excercise...

anyone care to elighten the rest of us as to what that entails...?

andyL

Comment

trev how much do u get from one store b4 feeling guilty of somthing?

been looking at a lot of places do it for 46p like:
                  Lidil,
                  Aldi
                  Tesco (pura),
                  Asda (smart price),

seen vegie oil as dear as £1 odd for unbranded stuff! gonna get into some of the trade places soon like bookers and a new one in warrington too see what its like there... still not got my form through phoned them last wensday,

Comment

aparently and im sure Trev can be more precise they send you out 2 forms
                    1 = ex103
                    2=179e
                    you register with them and then every month they send you a form to fill in telling them how much oil you have used. then once you do that they send you a bill for the amout of duty you owe on that sounds long winded but worth it at 70 odd pence a litre

Comment

aparently and im sure Trev can be more precise they send you out 2 forms
                      1 = ex103
                      2=179e
                      you register with them and then every month they send you a form to fill in telling them how much oil you have used. then once you do that they send you a bill for the amout of duty you owe on that sounds long winded but worth it at 70 odd pence a litre
                      179E is a notice, you will only need to fill in EX103.

you may get a call for clarification on what you have declared, however it's painless then they will send you letter informing you that you have been entered !!!!!!!
                      After this comes the monthly declaration form which I send back promptly at the end of the month (here you can do yourself a favour, if they don't send you a form HOLLER !!!) - you MUST send back the monthly form even if you have nothing to declare and keep records of usage (receipts).

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Ste00
                        trev how much do u get from one store b4 feeling guilty of somthing?

been looking at a lot of places do it for 46p like:
                        Lidil,
                        Aldi
                        Tesco (pura),
                        Asda (smart price),

seen vegie oil as dear as £1 odd for unbranded stuff! gonna get into some of the trade places soon like bookers and a new one in warrington too see what its like there... still not got my form through phoned them last wensday,
                        I have been known to get 3 boxes from Lidl (45 Litres) as long as you declare it and pay your duty there is no need to feel guilty.

My form took a while to come through, you feel like you need a cattle prod to wake em up

And don't forget until you are "entered" you are not legally allowed to use it

Trev

Comment

yeah i know i am not atm... gotta wait for the form

Comment

cookin oil update

Originally posted by UDTrev
                            I have been known to get 3 boxes from Lidl (45 Litres) as long as you declare it and pay your duty there is no need to feel guilty.

My form took a while to come through, you feel like you need a cattle prod to wake em up

And don't forget until you are "entered" you are not legally allowed to use it

Trev
                            hia m8 how much is the duty on 1 litre of veggie oil
                            and what does it compare to the price of diesel
                            after your put on the 46p per litre for the veg oil cheers m8
                            if green peace get there way,LONG LIVE SURFS

Comment

Originally posted by david moore
                              hia m8 how much is the duty on 1 litre of veggie oil
                              and what does it compare to the price of diesel
                              after your put on the 46p per litre for the veg oil cheers m8
                              if green peace get there way,LONG LIVE SURFS
                              The duty (at this present time) is 27.1p per litre,
                              so add that to 46p and you get 73.1p per litre for veg oil

but remember NO adding it UNTIL you are "entered" by Customs, and when you get that magic letter keep a copy in the truck.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                                The duty (at this present time) is 27.1p per litre,
                                so add that to 46p and you get 73.1p per litre for veg oil

Trev
                                When did they come up with this figure 27.1p/lr .

Is this one of Browns stealth taxes?

It's just shows how un-sincere they are about all these green issues, if we were totally green they would find another way of taxing us....makes my blood boil to think that every £1 I earn they take 47p in taxes in one form or another.

The robbing thieving bar stewards

I can't believe we let them get away with all the taxes in this country.

Bring on the revolution brothers.
                                I've got off the box now.

Comment

Working...
                                X