bad news for 4x4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    i'm guessing the tax has been introduced mainly for vans/light commercials which until now have paid the same as a car, but "coincidentally" 4x4s come into the same criteria!... e.g. 3.5t transit, 15mpg etc.
    and Quads.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well I guess then our R & D department has to get thinking on how to get us cheaper motoring WITHOUT loosing our surfs !!!!!!!

Do I see an angle grinder attacking passing milk floats for their batteries and engines ?

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I know that all politicians are a self gratifying bunch of b******s and Blairs mob are the worst kind of bandwagon jumpers but has any of you well informed people got any ideas or clue's what the other pillocks are proposing?
        Draigs petition plan is at least a step in the right direction as all goverments of whatever political shade find it far easier to ignore silence!
        A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          I just checked with our research analyst on the Automative industry, he's heard the same thing and the sales guys are concerned about the effect on the UK motor industry (as Land Rover is obciously going to be affected quite severely if people change their buying habits), Naturally anything that has an adverse affect on the UK market is going to be bad for share prices, and the traders are already panicking about another bad year (for bonuses)

Good job the Bullet does 25 MPG!!

Looks like it really is
          still get you on the weight side girl
          surfs gotta go on a diet
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            surfs gotta go on a diet

Or a few of its Drivers and passengers
            Gaz

Comment

surfs gotta go on a diet
              depends if its over 1.5 tons and less than 25mpg or
              over 1.5 ton or less than 25mpg,
              Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                Or a few of its Drivers and passengers
                Are you calling me FAT?????
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

hehe, now you've done it.......................

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ha ha ha, good gag, but i can't be arsed with stuff like this!

Edit: note to self, don't post when p!ssed.

Originally posted by Draig
                    As many of you know what I do for a living (magazine editor) then you’ll appreciate I have certain ‘sources’ in the government and there’s bad news coming for all 4x4 owners.

The do-gooders pressure has paid off and there is currently a bill being drawn up to increase the road tax on all cars over 1.5 tonnes that can be proved to be doing less than 24 miles to the gallon.

Obviously this is going to affect our lot more than any other due to the weight restrictions.

I’m going to be organising a petition to either increase the weight limit or the mpg. I need names of people who will be interested in helping collect and deliver the petitions to downing street.

Expect this news to be in the next 4x4 magazines that are printed and published after today.
                    Last edited by Rob; 3 April 2005, 23:01.

Comment

Problem solved, just nick a badge off the back of a fiesta, if any poolyphonictitions come knocking just tell them your car is big boned.
                      Then claim discrimination if they argue.

There may be one or two slight flaws in this, but it is a start!

Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

ok now how shall i put this tackfully,i know that old saying how's it go " IF the cap fits "
                        Pops

Comment

ok now how shall i put this tackfully,i know that old saying how's it go " IF the cap fits "

Now Now Pops....thats not what was intended Linda...like our vehicles a few of us need to shed the pounds and then we may just come in on the weight side of things....

I'm not going to offend you Linda, Angle Grinders don't do kindly to vehicles and I'm not wanting Tony to do a little detour if ever he's up thisway

Phew!...do you think I got away with that one???? LOL LOL
                          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            Now Now Pops....thats not what was intended Linda...like our vehicles a few of us need to shed the pounds and then we may just come in on the weight side of things....

I'm not going to offend you Linda, Angle Grinders don't do kindly to vehicles and I'm not wanting Tony to do a little detour if ever he's up thisway

Phew!...do you think I got away with that one???? LOL LOL
                            easy tiger just a cotton pickin minute there.
                            i never said my mate linda was Fat did i
                            i said if the cap fits wear it.
                            Pops

Comment

phew... thats a relief.. I havent eaten anything today and I;ve been out running too!! Guess now I can stuff lasagne and choccy!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Rob]Ha ha ha, good gag, QUOTE]

WHAT? GAG? You mean this is a wind up?
                                I've just spent all day cutting the roof off, removing the rear seats, pumping the tyres up to 60 p.s.i. and anything else I could think of to make my truck lighter and do more m.p.g.!

Comment

Working...
                                X