bad news for 4x4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad news for 4x4's

As many of you know what I do for a living (magazine editor) then you’ll appreciate I have certain ‘sources’ in the government and there’s bad news coming for all 4x4 owners.

The do-gooders pressure has paid off and there is currently a bill being drawn up to increase the road tax on all cars over 1.5 tonnes that can be proved to be doing less than 24 miles to the gallon.

Obviously this is going to affect our lot more than any other due to the weight restrictions.

I’m going to be organising a petition to either increase the weight limit or the mpg. I need names of people who will be interested in helping collect and deliver the petitions to downing street.

Expect this news to be in the next 4x4 magazines that are printed and published after today.

Dave

bugger...
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Or April fool?
      Don't see they can test mpg. too many variables.

Comment

Government don't do jokes mate - this is same sources who warned me about the handgun ban and other 'anti' legislation - this is kosher
        Dave

Comment

they got to get elected first...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
            Government don't do jokes mate - this is same sources who warned me about the handgun ban and other 'anti' legislation - this is kosher
            I just checked with our research analyst on the Automative industry, he's heard the same thing and the sales guys are concerned about the effect on the UK motor industry (as Land Rover is obciously going to be affected quite severely if people change their buying habits), Naturally anything that has an adverse affect on the UK market is going to be bad for share prices, and the traders are already panicking about another bad year (for bonuses)

Good job the Bullet does 25 MPG!!

Looks like it really is
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
              Sorry, didn't mean any disrespect, just seen alot of jokes this morning, I guess all those discussions on how to get 25mpg will seem alot less pointless now.
              Darren

Comment

Darren - chill - none taken mate
                Dave

Comment

We should be okay then if our does 25 mpg

and Parkers guide backs that up

parkers
                  [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

I might just have the answer here folks

Just do what i did, have a bad motorcross bike accident,break back in 5 places, spend 7 months in hospital, then rest of life on crutches, result is that my road tax is paid for me,

Bit drastic i know but it might save a few pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by Robb.
                      We should be okay then if our does 25 mpg

and Parkers guide backs that up

parkers
                      unless you have a V6 petrol.....
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Carbon fibre body panels for the Surf anyone?
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

I can see another crawl round hyde park by the haulage boys again.........

What are they going to put artics up to this time....back upto £1500

Which means the cost of living will go back up to compensate for this unwanted tax
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Thats a hell of a lot of vehicles that will be paying extra not just us 4x4 boys and girls I bet which ever party came up with this 1 has a exhastive list.
                            ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                              I can see another crawl round hyde park by the haulage boys again.........

What are they going to put artics up to this time....back upto £1500

Which means the cost of living will go back up to compensate for this unwanted tax
                              yup!
                              as from next week the government has "capped my wages" under the working time directive to £410 a week!.... WTF am i s'posed to do with that?... living in the most expensive part of the country!

i'm guessing the tax has been introduced mainly for vans/light commercials which until now have paid the same as a car, but "coincidentally" 4x4s come into the same criteria!... e.g. 3.5t transit, 15mpg etc.
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X