The only lights in the country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only lights in the country!

Further to my post in the electrical section I thought I would put this update in here as more people will see it.

Roughtrax are only 2 miles from my house, and I popped down there the other week to get a set of belts. While I was there Barry showed me around his warehouse/showroom. It is an Aladdins Cave of Surf accessories and spares.

He proudly showed me some new headlights that he is going to import, they are reflector beam jobbies and give out 30% more light than the standard items. He said that he couldn't sell them to me as they were the only ones in the country.

Not to be thwarted my girlfriend sneaked down there the next day and pleaded with him to part with them. He initially refused as they were the only ones that he had, but she was quite relentless, and he agreed on condition that he could take photographs once they were fitted.

I couldn't get the grille off, so the girlfriend took the lights and the Surf down today. Barry is a great guy, he fitted the lights and refused to take any money for doing so.

I can't credit the guy enough, and I can only recommend that you visit their website http://www.toyotahilux.com/ to see what they have.

In case you are wondering what the lights look like on the truck, a photo is attached. Rear Lexus style lights are apparently on their way too!

Cheers ( and I now have a set of totally unique headlights and sidelights) Gloat Gloat.

Rob G

Man, they look sharp!

See these for a while on the US sites (do the for 3rd Gens too), but didn't know they were available for RHD models.

They really look the business
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Ooooo nice lights

bet ur chuffed
      lets go get dirty...

Comment

Nice lookers.
        Any idea how many beer tokens they're gonna be?
        A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

I emailed your man Barry about a year n'a half ago telling him he should offer a discount to customers directed to him from this site. He told me not to tell him how to run his business hehe...

He was right looks like he's wooing a fair few away from Milners with just good old fashioned service

Comment

The price was...

around £130, that is both headlights and both sidelights. Bargain!!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Hey wibbly wobbly, nice looking lights, also you have almost the same digit number plate as me! Only numerals are different.

Their website isnt working at moment
              Last edited by qube3; 31 March 2005, 21:16.
              [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
              [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

A Little Bit Of Bling !

Hey ! Wibblewobble.....nice Lights Mate.

Buy The Way Where Did You Get Your Chrome Grill From , Or Are They The Stick On Slats.

The Reason I Ask Is That I Have Ordered Some Chrome Slats From Los Angeles California , Should Be Here This Week.

Blings The Front Up A Bit.

Cheers Banana

Comment

Originally posted by BANANA
                  Hey ! Wibblewobble.....nice Lights Mate.

Buy The Way Where Did You Get Your Chrome Grill From , Or Are They The Stick On Slats.

The Reason I Ask Is That I Have Ordered Some Chrome Slats From Los Angeles California , Should Be Here This Week.

Blings The Front Up A Bit.

Cheers Banana
                  It looks the same as my grille,I had some stick on chrome finishing strip left over from my Mini Cooper, and just stuck it on me grille. So far it's lasted nine months with no signs of peeling.

Comment

re cooper hilux

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    It looks the same as my grille,I had some stick on chrome finishing strip left over from my Mini Cooper, and just stuck it on me grille. So far it's lasted nine months with no signs of peeling.
                    cheers mate, thanks for that, i'll have to wait to see what these merkin slats look like when i get them.

cheers banana

Comment

They look brilliant. I've seen their earlier ones advertised which also look really good. Very tempted.
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

chrome strips

HI MATE, GOT THE CHROME STRIPS FROM THE USA , NOT IMPRESSED...

THE CHROME FINISHING STRIPS FROM YOUR MINI COOPER.ARE THESE THE ONE'S THEY USE FOR THE FLANGES ON EACH CORNER , ROOFLINE TO SILL ?

GOOD SURFING MATE !

REGARDS BANANA.

Comment

Originally posted by BANANA
                          HI MATE, GOT THE CHROME STRIPS FROM THE USA , NOT IMPRESSED...

THE CHROME FINISHING STRIPS FROM YOUR MINI COOPER.ARE THESE THE ONE'S THEY USE FOR THE FLANGES ON EACH CORNER , ROOFLINE TO SILL ?

GOOD SURFING MATE !

REGARDS BANANA.
                          Nope, I got the chrome strip from a car accessories shop. It's the stick on chrome wheel arch trim, it comes in a pack coiled up. I think there was about six or seven metres of it for a tenner.

Comment

Nope, I got the chrome strip from a car accessories shop. It's the stick on chrome wheel arch trim, it comes in a pack coiled up. I think there was about six or seven metres of it for a tenner.
                            jason burtmann does a billett grill.
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Aha, these could be the answer to keeping my Surf when I depart for France. Does anyone know if they are available LHD to fit a 3rd gen model. With them fitted I might stand a chance of getting my beloved Surf re registered in France.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Malenibo; 11 April 2005, 20:08.
                              Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X