hey all......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey all......

As this is my first post, i thought it best to introduce myself.
    So my names Dave Tebby, i live in Hemel Hempstead Herts. and am currently driving a 2000 W Clio 1.2. Im looking for a new car which i want to customise, i thought of getting a hilux pickup, but practicality goes out the window. I see many surfs riding round and the more i think about it the better they seem.

I thought signing up to a forum before i bought 1 would help me decide on which model, age etc.. so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dave

welcome dave, just always remember when buying a surf 2 get a blue 1, cos them the fastest... good luck
    lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by tigerhawk
      So my names Dave Tebby, i live in Hemel Hempstead Herts. and am currently driving a 2000 W Clio 1.2. Im looking for a new car which i want to customise, i thought of getting a hilux pickup, but practicality goes out the window. I see many surfs riding round and the more i think about it the better they seem.

I thought signing up to a forum before i bought 1 would help me decide on which model, age etc.. so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dave
      Welcome aboard Dave

Model/age etc suggestions really depend on so many personal factors, not least your budget.
      Spend some time browsing/searching the forums and you'll find a wealth of information. If you can't find the answers to any specific queries you may have, then ask away, there are plenty of owners here to help.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Dave
        Dave.

Welcome to another member from Hemel. I'm selling mine at the moment, you might want to come and see it, only selling it cos I got a Landcruiser now.

Drop me an email to harveyaj11@hotmail.com

Other than that hope you find what you are looking for, there are a couple of dealers around here who sell Surfs - Fourtrack in Flaunden and AKC in Leverstock Green.

Cheers

Comment

yeah cheers peeps, basically i can only really get about £3000 for my clio, so ive got a bit more to save up
          ive only got 1 yrs no claims (or will have by june) and im 23, so im not sure about insurance costs

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
            welcome dave, just always remember when buying a surf 2 get a blue 1, cos them the fastest... good luck

Hehehe - she means BLACK - they definately go much faster than any other colour - just ask anyone who's tried to keep up with my Black Bullet!!!
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

so .......... black is faster than blue and blue is faster than red gotcha!!
              and heres me thinking stripes made all the difference

Comment

this is only true untill a grey one is picked up by the radar and beats em all..
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  this is only true untill a grey one is picked up by the radar and beats em all..

thats it i give up. im going to bed supposed to be at work in 6 hours!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Hehehe - she means BLACK - they definately go much faster than any other colour - just ask anyone who's tried to keep up with my Black Bullet!!!
                    i kept up fine!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

thats it i give up. im going to bed supposed to be at work in 6 hours!!
                      it's alright for some getting a lay in!... get a blue one!... wake at 6am drive at 88 miles per hour, flick on the flux capacitor and arrive on time at 4am!!... or buy a yellow quad, arrive 20mins late and get run over by a 44t truck!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Again?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                          Again?
                          nah... still waffling about the same thing!!... getting a little runaround motor this weekend though!... (fiesta!) (but only cos it's called after my favourite magazine!)
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

it's alright for some getting a lay in!... get a blue one!... wake at 6am drive at 88 miles per hour, flick on the flux capacitor and arrive on time at 4am!!... or buy a yellow quad, arrive 20mins late and get run over by a 44t truck!

It's true, blue is the only real colour worth having....they go faster, theyre more reliable, and they make the driver 10 times sexier overnite.......honest..
                            Nige...............

Anything you can do.......i

Comment

does anyone here have any lifted surfs?? im looking to lift mine by atleast 8 " with 35" tyres (when i get 1 of course)!!

Comment

Working...
                              X