Removal of stickers / body labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of stickers / body labels

My surf has 1 foot high "off road" written down both sides full length of vehicle - which I hate. They appear to be made of the same material as the common "surf" decal seen on a lot of models.

Any clues how I can get these stickers off without destroying the paintwork?

Hints and tips greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul
    .......because I can....OK!
    2.4 TD manual 1992 SSR-X

Originally posted by Paul Savage
    My surf has 1 foot high "off road" written down both sides full length of vehicle - which I hate. They appear to be made of the same material as the common "surf" decal seen on a lot of models.

Regards

Paul
    Covered many times before here, there is a special tool available, a kind of eraser wheel which is highly recommended by many users on here.

Have a search, you'll find all the details and pictures too
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

A friend has just removed all the decals off his car (not a surf) he borrowed my steam cleaner and used the window cleaning soft pad ,the decals came away without any damage even the adhesive or most of it came off, might work on yours!

Comment

this is the tool you would be looking for........smells like caramel...MMMmmmmmm
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
          this is the tool you would be looking for........smells like caramel...MMMmmmmmm
          They are great to use , and as Fieldy says they smell really good when being used . You finish the decal removal and leg it to the shops for a Caramac bar . Yum .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I tried the hairder and then white spirits, takes ages

Boiling water poured on direct from kettle and pull off as much as sticker as possible before surface cools (watch it 'cos it gets damn hot), dab residue glue with cloth wetted in petrol, and scrape of with plastic scaper...I used an old bank card. Keep wetting with petrol for stubborn bits it breaks it down fine

Bit of T cut/polish and you'd never know they were even there.

Scuddy
            ------------------------------------
            Look out! Ee

Comment

I used a paint stripping heat gun (carefully) to do my last surf. Just heat up the decal for a few seconds (from a suitable distance so you dont damage paintwork) and then get an edge off with your fingernails and then carefully start to peel.

Got rid of the glue residue with some tar remover stuff.
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Decent hair dryer,ice scraper then petrol to remove the residue. Be careful, it will take a while too.
                French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                  who do you think you are?... frickin gemini??... what ever happened to him anyway?
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hair Dryers

Originally posted by Paul Savage

Regards

Paul
                    I had all my Jap stuff taken off professionally - so saying all they did was to use a hair dryer to soften it,followed by some solvent stuff to clean up the original gel coat afterwards.
                    Surfin

Comment

I very stupidly jet washed the decals off my truck, and once I realised what I had done had to carry on at get them all off. This left the sticky stuff behind which I got off with Tar & Sticky Stuff remover (got it from Screwfix) and a Boots Advantage Card!! It took me about three hours to do both sides but soon got the knack and after a good wash and polish with Maguires it looks fine.
                      Andy (the girly)
                      What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X