Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93’ Surf Not Revving Over 2000 RPM

Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle

I’ve got a 93’ Hilux Surf 3.0 Auto and I’m having this issue I am unable to pinpoint down to. The engine had a bigger turbo, bored head and manual injector pump installed by the previous owner. Issue I’m having is in regards to the power in getting as I’m only limited to 2000rpm even when my foot in flat to the floor. The engine light is also on, I tried running the diagnostic check using the OBD1 port however the light stays constantly on and doesn’t flash a sequence. It definitely feels like the car wants to pull more and with the boost gauge I have installed it reaches tops of 20ish psi on full throttle before stepping down to around 15psi when the 2K rpm limit kicks in.

In looking online for what the fault may be, I’ve gotten suggestions that it be limp mode which is stopping the car from over revving to prevent from over revving. Additional faults I could look into are; dirty fuel filter as well as ECU caps leaking.

if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine in terms of this issue please reach out, as I’m wanting to point down as to what is causing this.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X