Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake specifications (runout, etc.) for KZN130

Hello,

I just signed up here to ask a quick question that I'm having an impossible time with. I brought back a 1993 Hilux Surf 3.0TD SSR-G (KZN130) from Okinawa with me to the U.S. and am having a hell of a time finding all the brake specifications that the state is asking from me to finish registering the vehicle here (they seem to want it extremely specific and to reference this vehicle exactly, even though the specs are going to be more or less the same as a 4runner on many components). Tried purchasing a manual online but it seems they stiffed me and I haven't gotten the download or a response, and my contacts back in Oki have had no luck getting info from any workshop or Toyota directly (they are often tightlipped on this type of stuff). I also emailed roughtrax4x4 concerning availability of workshop manuals but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

What I need is something from an authoritative source, like a workshop manual, that lists the rotor and drum specifications (thicknesses) that references the KZN130 specifically. I've done a pretty exhaustive search online and have come up with lots of references that state brake specs but none specific to a KZN130. Any assistance that you can provide would be so much appreciated, kind of pulling my hair out at this point since this is nothing but a bureaucratic technicality.

Finding specific information regarding the KZN130 will be almost impossible, as there is no manuals available for these that I have ever found. Brake specs regarding diameter, thickness, height, centre hole diameter etc are the same for the later LN130 and the VZN130 as far as I know.

As an example these rotors will fit your Surf but you probably know that already.

.https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/p...-X-2/ZPN-02063

Comment

Originally posted by spookyu View Post
      Hello,

I just signed up here to ask a quick question that I'm having an impossible time with. I brought back a 1993 Hilux Surf 3.0TD SSR-G (KZN130) from Okinawa with me to the U.S. and am having a hell of a time finding all the brake specifications that the state is asking from me to finish registering the vehicle here (they seem to want it extremely specific and to reference this vehicle exactly, even though the specs are going to be more or less the same as a 4runner on many components). Tried purchasing a manual online but it seems they stiffed me and I haven't gotten the download or a response, and my contacts back in Oki have had no luck getting info from any workshop or Toyota directly (they are often tightlipped on this type of stuff). I also emailed roughtrax4x4 concerning availability of workshop manuals but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

What I need is something from an authoritative source, like a workshop manual, that lists the rotor and drum specifications (thicknesses) that references the KZN130 specifically. I've done a pretty exhaustive search online and have come up with lots of references that state brake specs but none specific to a KZN130. Any assistance that you can provide would be so much appreciated, kind of pulling my hair out at this point since this is nothing but a bureaucratic technicality.
      Dealing with bureaucracy can definitely be frustrating, especially when it requires such specific information. Have you considered reaching out to any local Toyota or automotive repair shops in your area?

Comment

Working...
      X