engine builders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine builders?

I need to rebuild my spare engine, of a 1kzte kzn130 surf, any trustable builder that you know? preferably near Glasgow as i am in Perth, but if not i dont mind to put it on a pallet, or drive to the builder.
    i need someone that knows what is doing, not just a cowboy part exchanger guy (got scammed before by one of those)
    Any help appreciated, thanks
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

no one with an answer?

Comment

I don't, but I am interested if you find a good one

Comment

no, the ones I had being in contact they say they don't know because is an old engine (stupid excuses) or like the other day I went to ask for what it could be to check my fuel pump is ok before fitting it, and they asked me £1200 becouse is VERY RARE pump. im frustrated with this attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
          no, the ones I had being in contact they say they don't know because is an old engine (stupid excuses) or like the other day I went to ask for what it could be to check my fuel pump is ok before fitting it, and they asked me £1200 becouse is VERY RARE pump. im frustrated with this attitude.
          That's ridiculous. The engine was used for many years after 1995 in other cars. And, at the end of the day, it's a fairly standard engine, not really any different from the many millions of others out there. For £1200, you could probably get a new injection pump from Japan.

Comment

or convert to manual

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
              For something rare, the high cost is understandable. They will probably need some parts replaced with the new ones. And spare parts for something very rare might cost a lot. On top of that, the repairs may take up to a couple months, because they might need to order the parts overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan135 View Post

For something rare, the high cost is understandable. They will probably need some parts replaced with the new ones. And spare parts for something very rare might cost a lot. On top of that, the repairs may take up to a couple months, because they might need to order the parts overseas.
                Plus, they don't wan to bother with "very rare" things, so they just tell the client a price that the client won't ever agree on. That might be the case.

Comment

Hi! I found this topic quite interesting, I had never heard of this before..

Comment

Same here, still looking for good engine builder that doesn't needs nappy changing as soon he heard 1kzte

Comment

Working...
                    X