Bought New Surf but need ssome TLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought New Surf but need ssome TLC

I recently bought a gen 2 ssr-x 1995 Hilux surf and it needs a new rear bumper and sump guard.
    Does Anyone have any suggestiions on where to get a new bumper and what sump guard would be the best to get?
    Also woud the rear bumper be an MOT fail? It has some holes in the rear of it

I can’t help with replacement parts, but I can tell you it can fail for sharp edges if there are holes in the bumper. If you cover it with gaffer tape, most testers will let it go as they cannot remove the tape to see the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by DMAudio View Post
      I can’t help with replacement parts, but I can tell you it can fail for sharp edges if there are holes in the bumper. If you cover it with gaffer tape, most testers will let it go as they cannot remove the tape to see the hole.
      Thats good to know thank you! Do you think if i cut out the hole to make them squares and then put a rubber edging on it, it could pass as a foot hold?

Comment

Possibly, if you did a really neat job. The main thing they look for is protruding sharp edges that may injure a pedestrian if struck. It's a weird thing, but when you get hit by a 2 ton vehicle, I'm sure a cut from a rusty bumper is the least of your worries!

Comment

My sump guard is pretty f%*ked do you think that might fail the MOT?

Comment

Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by DMAudio View Post
              Probably not
              Nice one just curiou on what might need done

Comment

Working...
              X