Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Looking to buy

Hi folks,
    This is my first post. Ive been looking at purchasing a Surf for a few months now and have seen some nice ones in Japan - late model 3 ltr TD's. I have a few questions :-

1) Any problems importing a '99 onwards vehicle to the UK? I have imported before but never a Surf or 4x4.
    2) Is there a more desirable model, is so which one? Any details or pics?
    3) Does the late model 3 ltr come in manual? Is it more desirable?
    4) I cant seem to locate a 99 onwards model for sale in the UK - what would I expect to pay for one in the UK
    5) I will more than likely go and stay with friends in Japan for a week to locate a good one. If I purchased 2 late models whilst there would I be able to sell 2nd one in UK fairly easily? Im presuming this is a yes?
    6) Ive seen some late models with a digital dash, does anyone know if this is switchable between mph/kph like some late model vehicles?

Thanks for the help in advance, I love my RX-8 (I love rotaries ) but I need to be able put my mountain bike in the back and be able to buy more than a pack of screws when I go to B&Q

Thanks and rgds

Ant
    1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
    Mazda Rotaries too!

1999 Onwards you wont see them on here yet as its too new for us mere mortals I think 1997 is the newest on here.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I think that you would have problems getting it through the ESVA test, as the model report that you need only covers the surf up to a 97/98 model, I might be wrong but nobody had a newer model report around the middle of last year when I last enquired.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        I think that you would have problems getting it through the ESVA test, as the model report that you need only covers the surf up to a 97/98 model, I might be wrong but nobody had a newer model report around the middle of last year when I last enquired.
        This was one of the worries I was having, I cant locate the chasis number for the later vehicles - does anyone know the chasis designation please?

Rgds and thanks

Ant
        Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

dont worry about esva i can get around this with out any problem.

Comment

Errr prey tell how! Ive been trying to find a way around bringing in a 2000+ year RX-7 for over a year! There is no hope in hell with the RX-7's, how does this differ with a Surf for example?
            Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

cant do cars but any lwb 4x4 is ok.

Comment

Would you like to enlighten me on how this is possible please?

Thanks

Ant
                Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Sorry cant say in public but i can get around your problem.

Comment

Would you like to PM me or even can I give you a call? Im keen to understand how this is possible? As mentioned previously I have imported from Japan over the last few years, and a friend runs his import business from Japan and Ive never heard of this.

Thanks

Ant
                    Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

have emailed you.give me a ring.
                      mick.

Comment

Here is a 1999 petrol model in the Auto Trader 99 model
                        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/view_rigs.php

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                          I think 1997 is the newest on here.

Cmar still has his '98 (for now) and has had it 3 years now I think. We got to see it first in 2003. I met a fella who wanted to buy my '91 for knockin around in during the summer and what did he pull up in ..... only a '00 !

Now back to the main topic

Comment

Working...
                          X