Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I have a SSR-X 1996 3.0 auto. Suddenly on my dashboard the door open symbol has appeared I cant get rid of it, doors have been checked and double checked, they are closed, my spare is underneath so I dont think there is a connection there any ideas? My alarm keeps telling me the that there is a door open. Could it just be one of the sensors in the door is faulty I would be grateful for any help. The light stays on whether engine on or off!
    Thanks

Originally posted by Joolz5819
    I have a SSR-X 1996 3.0 auto. Suddenly on my dashboard the door open symbol has appeared I cant get rid of it, doors have been checked and double checked, they are closed, my spare is underneath so I dont think there is a connection there any ideas? My alarm keeps telling me the that there is a door open. Could it just be one of the sensors in the door is faulty I would be grateful for any help. The light stays on whether engine on or off!
    Thanks
    more than likely a door switch... take them out and disconnect them until the light goes out... that's theone it will be... then spray it with some contact cleaner, or just leave it disconnected if you're not bothered by interior light!... Also, check bonnet contact.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thanks

Cheers I will try that or at least present it to the old man as his next project! Will let you know the result

Comment

Sorted!

It seems that my alarm was the culprit we tried everything else suggested,in the end it was a loose wire under the sill and the alarm centre couldnt have sorted it out any better or quicker, all sorted and done this morning. Seems it was triggering the door open sensor phew i can look my neighbours in the eye now thanks for your suggestions though.

Comment

Working...
        X