Fuel tank size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank size?

I've had a look using Forum search but I'm not gonna lie I probably just did a typical man look. As you of guessed I'm after finding out the size of the tank in my Gen 2 3.0d ssrg, so I can figure out my MPG.

I only seem to get 230 mile to a tank but then it does appear to be somewhat smaller than my old

Not quite sure but I seem to remember 90Lt being mentioned some time ago.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I think its 70.
      Сви можемо

Comment

According to Morr,s site its 65litres, who remembers Morr ? Linky provided http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/
        Сви можемо

Comment

65L rings a bell to me too! 100% sure they are not 90L
          Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Yeah I might have been thinking about the defender 110 tank I bought for veg,

Comment

Yes 65 Ltrs is what I found em to be n some have a long range tank fitted 90 or 100 from memory ....

17+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

65 litres sounds about right thank you all. I brimmed it to the neck from about 1/8th of a tank and only got 57 litres in her but after doing calculations she's only doing 18MPG .

Having only just fiited a new TCV to it and to be fair giving it a hard time to clear its throat I'll see how it fairs

Comment

I'm getting around 30mpg from my gen 3 with the resistor mod and driving like a mary!

Comment

Resistor mod? I'm running a gen2 ssr g auto but I'm intrigued do you have some more info please?

Comment

there are two connections on the side of the injector pump the front one is grey the rear one beige. disconnect the grey one and poke a 1.5k ohm 1/4 watt resistor into the connector on the end of the wire tape up and voila! the pump timing will be slightly altered and you will notice the difference! the

Comment

• Dover
                        Dover commented
                        Editing a comment
                        fantastic cheers I'll give it a bash over christmas

Is that for the 3l? Or 2.4?
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

That is for the 3L but I believe the 2.4 can be done too but don't know if the resistor values are the same!

Comment

this resistor mod, does it increase the fuelling? reason I ask is that some time back several of us 2.4 owners dis an "alteration mod2 to the compensator screw which is on top of the IP there's a steel cap which once you lever off you can see a screw head, if I remember right (you would need to check

Comment

The resistor mod advances the pump timing slightly as from the factory it is set slightly retarded The was as I understand it it's to do with the emissions rules on the Jap market motors. The other resistor does increase the fuel but if you have adjusted it with the star wheel then I would think that would

Comment

Working...
                            X