Help Me Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    engine swap would be easier than body swap.
    Its not just the engine he has to swap
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Its not just the engine he has to swap
      nah, but to swap bodies you'll have to strip them pretty much bare, then stick it all back together... harder to lift too!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

nah, but to swap bodies you'll have to strip them pretty much bare, then stick it all back together... harder to lift too!
        Hi as marky said l have done a couple and you have vertually got to strip the vehicle out just to put a 3litreT/D in. You need a full donor car to change over.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
          Hi as marky said l have done a couple and you have vertually got to strip the vehicle out just to put a 3litreT/D in. You need a full donor car to change over.
          hmm so maybe look at doing the engine swap or stick with a 2.4l i need to buy one first so i'll crack on with that for now cheers guys and gals!!!
          [CENTER]It's better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you're not![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC
            hmm so maybe look at doing the engine swap or stick with a 2.4l i need to buy one first so i'll crack on with that for now cheers guys and gals!!!
            if you're looking into engine/body swaps.... why not just buy one and change the head anyway?... at least then you know it's pukka!

Comment

if you're looking into engine/body swaps.... why not just buy one and change the head anyway?... at least then you know it's pukka!
              I'm thinking about buying jiml's can you look at the thread in the cars for sale and offer me some advice on how much the work will cost me
              [CENTER]It's better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you're not![/CENTER]

Comment

I'm thinking about buying jiml's can you look at the thread in the cars for sale and offer me some advice on how much the work will cost me
                dunno, have to get a ferry company to quote carriage from ireland.

PM marky's mate stevo and he'll help out on that

Comment

Hi some of you may remember me i came on a while back and asked about buying a surf.....well the one i wanted was sold when i went back to see it again . How ever i have decided that i am going to go get one. Ideally what i would like is the three door model, but they seem to only come with the i'll fated 2.4 engine. so i guess my first question is are they reall that bad?? if they are is it possible to drop the 3.0l into a 3 door? Well thats two questions asked the next is really a cosmetic one. Where is a good place to buy a body lift kit from and how high do they go???
                  Thanks in anticipation of any help!
                  Also does anyone have a 3 door they want to sell me??
                  Cheers Andy C
                  This 3 door truck was up for sale a few a weeks ago about 10 miles from you! The guys driving it (Avon Dassett on Sunday) bought it though- unlucky!

Nevillef
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X