Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bar Fitting to pickup?

Hi everyone!

Have taken the standard Toyota chrome A-Bar off the surf and thinking of selling it. Does anyone know if it will fit any of the pickup variants in terms of the standard chassis fitting? Before anyone else mentions it, i know, the variant was a volkswagon, or am i the only one old enough to remember them?

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE.

Cheers, Ken.
    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

ah, the variant! an estate car with the engine in the back! how silly, that would make the bed far too high to lift anything into it..... er.. hang on..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk
      Hi everyone!

Have taken the standard Toyota chrome A-Bar off the surf and thinking of selling it. Does anyone know if it will fit any of the pickup variants in terms of the standard chassis fitting? Before anyone else mentions it, i know, the variant was a volkswagon, or am i the only one old enough to remember them?

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE.

Cheers, Ken.
      ARe yes Variant now are you refering to the Type 3 Variant or the Type 4 Variant? But then again dont forget that they did these in a FASTBACK and NOTCHBACK versions.

The Type 3 had single headlights with upright rear lights these tended to have a 1600 engine either twin carbs or fuel injection

Where as

The Type 4 had twin headlamps with horizontal Rear lights. and these had 1800 or 2000 engine which if I recall were injection ( if you like i will load the epc up for them and confirm this info!)

A lot of people think they are the same vehicle but I can assure you they are not both vehicles are totally different shells!

I have attached some photos from the TYPE 3&4 Club and also from here

Ohh the good old VW days !!!

Ohh Nearly forgot who remembers the K70!! the first Watercooled VW DISASTER!

Paul
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Dunno; 25 March 2005, 18:22.
      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
        ARe yes Variant now are you refering to the Type 3 Variant or the Type 4 Variant? But then again dont forget that they did these in a FASTBACK and NOTCHBACK versions.

The Type 3 had single headlights with upright rear lights these tended to have a 1600 engine either twin carbs or fuel injection

Where as

The Type 4 had twin headlamps with horizontal Rear lights. and these had 1800 or 2000 engine which if I recall were injection ( if you like i will load the epc up for them and confirm this info!)

A lot of people think they are the same vehicle but I can assure you they are not both vehicles are totally different shells!

I have attached some photos from the TYPE 3&4 Club and also from here

Ohh the good old VW days !!!

Ohh Nearly forgot who remembers the K70!! the first Watercooled VW DISASTER!

Paul
        Respect man! You obviously know your VW`s. I`ve never had a variant but i`ve had a few beetles and a kharman ghia. (Great motor!)

Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk
          Respect man! You obviously know your VW`s. I`ve never had a variant but i`ve had a few beetles and a kharman ghia. (Great motor!)

Ken.
          I was weened on em!! spent over 25 years in the franchise and i still didnt know all that much about them! I have always been a VW man .........till i found my SURF

Paul
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Doh!

Comment

Working...
            X