Steering box seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delboy
    I'd have to reinstall window though to create a new partition, wouldn't i?
    You can get partitioning tools to save needing to reinstall, easily found if you have broadband to download, otherwise if you're coming up to Jim's for the rad, let me know and I'll pop some stuff on a disc and drop it round to his for ya.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Im goin up to his tomorrow. Cant wait any longer.I'm sure you didnt mean that soon, so its ok. Cheers
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

PARTITION MAGIC is a good one.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Im goin up to his tomorrow. Cant wait any longer.I'm sure you didnt mean that soon, so its ok. Cheers
          No worries, I can burn the disc now, and drop it up to Jims later, or perhaps tomorrow, what time are you coming up at?
          Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            PARTITION MAGIC is a good one.
            The very thing I'm refering to.

Have just burned PM7 to disc for ya Del, will try get it to Jims.
            Maurice

Comment

Thanks a million Mo. Very decent of ya. I'll be up there about 11 tomorrow, cause he has stuff planned after 12. May as well visit Blanch centre while i'm up. Mc Quillans is calling.
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
              [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

May as well visit Blanch centre while i'm up. Mc Quillans is calling.
                Daaayng I luv that shop, spent 1hr last Thurs and another today. Theres just tooooo much. Thursday I bought a feeler gauge, a set of crows foot wrenchers, and something else??? Today I got a hole saw arbor bit and a 27mm HSS steel hole cutter bit and it eats steel for fun. Pity the shop is so Draper oriented. Must be other stuff European out there ten times better just its not printed with English.

Went into the new Halfords shop today, have to say its full of tools you just dont get in the average car shop, they had a set of halpro reversible ratchet spanners for a whopping €80 but these had a 90degree swept bend in the shaft of the spanner, a definite chrimbo pressie sometime if ever someone likes me enough to buy me a chrimbo pressie.

I knew the fella well who owned the shop before Hals bought him out, he was in the sisters class in Coolmine and they reckon he got €4m.

Comment

I bought a seal kit for my steering box and proceeded to stripthe box and replace all seals. Everything was going well until near the end. Took out all the seals at the base of the shaft the pitman arm bolts to and all of the replacment seals were too small. So i reused to old ones. Trouble is, the outermost oil seal is fubbed and the new one is too small. Toyota must have started using a smaller shaft in their steering gears, cause it aint right. The part no for the seal kit was 04445-35100. Has anyone done this and had the same problem or did they give me the wrong kit. Gonna call them today but anyones help is appreciated.
                  Your sincerely
                  Surfless
                  Im just glad that i replaced the whole Steering Box as youre not having much fun mate.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                    Daaayng I luv that shop, spent 1hr last Thurs and another today. Theres just tooooo much. Thursday I bought a feeler gauge, a set of crows foot wrenchers, and something else??? Today I got a hole saw arbor bit and a 27mm HSS steel hole cutter bit and it eats steel for fun. Pity the shop is so Draper oriented. Must be other stuff European out there ten times better just its not printed with English.

Went into the new Halfords shop today, have to say its full of tools you just dont get in the average car shop, they had a set of halpro reversible ratchet spanners for a whopping €80 but these had a 90degree swept bend in the shaft of the spanner, a definite chrimbo pressie sometime if ever someone likes me enough to buy me a chrimbo pressie.

I knew the fella well who owned the shop before Hals bought him out, he was in the sisters class in Coolmine and they reckon he got €4m.
                    Yep I heard that figure a few months ago too, split 4 ways between them, not bad going.
                    Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      Im just glad that i replaced the whole Steering Box as youre not having much fun mate.

I did actually enjoy rebuilding it. Just annoyed with Toyota F-up. I love tinkering with new stuff like that. Thats what makes being a surf owner so great! Sometimes.

Maurice. Got that disk. Thanks a bunch! Will try it out later!
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X