Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattle rattle

Hi All,

I've got a problem with the tailpipe on the SDV in that somehow (I assume it was from the Salisbury expedition) it seems to have moved and rammed itself right up underneath the back bumper and is causing a really bad vibration throughout the truck at low revs. The wierd thing is, it only seems to have moved in the last week which I can't understand as Salisbury was weeks and weeks ago. It used to swing about a bit before but is now firmly wedged to the point it can take my weight pushing down on it.

Is there a Surf 'feature' with the brackets or something which can cause this or do I need to drag my ass of the sofa get under the truck and work out what's happened?

Cheers.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    Hi All,

I've got a problem with the tailpipe on the SDV in that somehow (I assume it was from the Salisbury expedition) it seems to have moved and rammed itself right up underneath the back bumper and is causing a really bad vibration throughout the truck at low revs. The wierd thing is, it only seems to have moved in the last week which I can't understand as Salisbury was weeks and weeks ago. It used to swing about a bit before but is now firmly wedged to the point it can take my weight pushing down on it.

Is there a Surf 'feature' with the brackets or something which can cause this or do I need to drag my ass of the sofa get under the truck and work out what's happened?

Cheers.
    I would look underneath first as that is always a good start
    maybe use the bottle jack to push it back down

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
      do I need to drag my ass of the sofa get under the truck and work out what's happened?

Cheers.
      Yes

Neville

Comment

well, I got the impression I needed to get off the sofa and actually have a look and I found somehow the backbox bracket had hooked itself over a bolt on the towbar bracket...

Fixed with my favourite tools - a big piece of wood and a hammer
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
        X