4x4 dash lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 dash lights

Hi everyone,just a quick one,done a search and come up blanks.

Just brought a 97 3.0 ssr-g surf,in normal driving mode the dash lights stay off,press button and they flash green with a red flashing dot in middle,now i presume this means im in 4x4.

Move the small lever down one and the red light stops flashing,i presume this means the diff is now locked and car should not be driven on rd.

I only ask as when i went on testdrive in car i asked if 4x4 was all ok and he just pressed button,and moved small lever down,we then drove al over derby with all 4 green lights and red dot on,as far as i can tell this was a bit silly.

So if any one has a rundown of what lights do what,when,where and why that be great.

Thanks people

Pete

Lights flashing means the 4wd system is in transit, ie either in the process of engaging or disengaging. When in 4wd with the centre diff unlocked you should have the 4 steady green lights. When you pull the lever back this engages the difflock which will also illuminate the red light in the centre, not to be used on hard surfaces.

For anyone else reading this thread, the system described above refers only to 3rd Gen models.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Reakon mine must not be working cos when i press button the green lights just flash for ages,it feels like its in 4x4 but they and the red dot just flash and flash.

Oh well,only 7k wasted,

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit
        Reakon mine must not be working cos when i press button the green lights just flash for ages,it feels like its in 4x4 but they and the red dot just flash and flash.

Oh well,only 7k wasted,
        No, don't be silly, 7k wasted means that you've bought a Vauxhall Afrontery!
        A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit

Oh well,only 7k wasted,
          If you've only just bought it freshly imported, it could be just a bit sticky from lack of use. Keep trying it, try sawing the steering left and right whilst moving forwards slowly to see if that helps it engage, its often also worth trying reversing a bit too.

Mine was a bit reluctant to engage when I first got it, but with use, it now engages without delay.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X