yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all 3rd Gen Surf owning 'new-parents'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all 3rd Gen Surf owning 'new-parents'!

I recently test drove a '95 2nd gen and the rear seat belt wasn't long enough to wrap around the back of a graco car seat (for our 2 month old).
    I really wanted a 3rd gen as they have airbags but will I find the same problem with the rear seat belt as you can't have the seat in the front because of the airbags?!
    Just thought I'd ask as this would unfotunately stop me getting a surf and that makes me sad as I've spent a lot of time researching what seems to be the perfect family 4x4!

Originally posted by dave_wfc
    I recently test drove a '95 2nd gen and the rear seat belt wasn't long enough to wrap around the back of a graco car seat (for our 2 month old).
    I really wanted a 3rd gen as they have airbags but will I find the same problem with the rear seat belt as you can't have the seat in the front because of the airbags?!
    Just thought I'd ask as this would unfotunately stop me getting a surf and that makes me sad as I've spent a lot of time researching what seems to be the perfect family 4x4!
    I am sure that you can buy seat belt extension straps to solve this problem . It has a clip to go into the buckle and a length of belt and then another buckle for the clip andding about 18" to the belt length .
    I will try and find the website that I saw them on for you .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Heres the makers website http://www.gracobaby.com/customerser...y.aspx?catID=1

More info :

'Accessories for Fitting Child Restraints
      Certain vehicles such as hatchbacks, some station wagons, commercial and four wheel drive vehicles may need accessories to fit a restraint safely. Restraint Fitting Stations supply and fit a range of accessories, for example:
      • Extension Strap: this accessory attaches to the tether strap if the restraint is a long way from the anchorage point.
      • Mounting Kit: this accessory stops straps that go to high or low anchorage points from twisting.
      • Adaptor Kit: child restraints use a tether strap which is attached to an anchor fitting or anchor bolt; the adaptor kit attaches either hook or keyhole style fittings to the anchors.''
      Not sure if this link will work , but try :www.babycentre.co.uk
      Rick
      Last edited by Vagrant No2; 16 March 2005, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Thanks a lot for that Rick - appreciate the quick response

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Rick - appreciate the quick response
          I am still adding more to last post .

Rick

Comment

Lets keep them kids safe .

Unless they turn into chavs !

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Lets keep them kids safe .

Unless they turn into chavs !

Rick
              Indeed mate! I've looked into pretty much everything on the 3rd gen surfs and hopefully going to pick one up very soon! It would have certainly dampened my bonfire if we could'nt secure the little one in properly.
              Mind you, do the graco seats clip onto roof racks?

Comment

Indeed mate! I've looked into pretty much everything on the 3rd gen surfs and hopefully going to pick one up very soon! It would have certainly dampened my bonfire if we could'nt secure the little one in properly.
                Mind you, do the graco seats clip onto roof racks?

No they don't but they do fit on to the rear wheel carrier very nicely giving little one a view of where you have been
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

There is also a company in Wembley that do replacement belts. Made to measure. So you get your original belt and ask them to wind one on that is 150mm longer...

Trying to track down the name...

andyL

One option...
                  http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/ext...enders.htm#227
                  Last edited by AndyLala; 16 March 2005, 11:31.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                    There is also a company in Wembley that do replacement belts. Made to measure. So you get your original belt and ask them to wind one on that is 150mm longer...

andyL

One option...
                    http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/ext...enders.htm#227
                    Hiya

I found that the seat belt wouldn't go round the baby-carrier but the good news is that they do a base for the carrier that easily fits in using the rear seat belt. The other advantage is that the carrier just clips in & out of the base & you don't have to bother with the seat belt every time.

Don't know if you've bought your carrier etc yet but mine is a Mothercare one. The base unit isn't too expensive & is well worth the convenience.

Enjoying ur sleepless nights

Comment

[QUOTE=AndyLala]There is also a company in Wembley that do replacement belts. Made to measure. So you get your original belt and ask them to wind one on that is 150mm longer...

andyL

One option...
                      [url="http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/seat_belts_extenders.htm#227"]http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/seat_belts_extenders.htm#227[/url

fantastic thread cos I have a 16month old son and wife is due again the end of august. So i'll need to check that out aswell when my surf comes in 4weeks

thanks to all

simon

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels
                        Hiya

I found that the seat belt wouldn't go round the baby-carrier but the good news is that they do a base for the carrier that easily fits in using the rear seat belt. The other advantage is that the carrier just clips in & out of the base & you don't have to bother with the seat belt every time.

Don't know if you've bought your carrier etc yet but mine is a Mothercare one. The base unit isn't too expensive & is well worth the convenience.

Enjoying ur sleepless nights
                        Hi there,
                        I went and bought one of those bases that you clip the seat into, I'd bought a Graco seat and the base was only a few quid ontop - like you said, well worth it! Thanks all for the replies, I'll carry on looking for my surf now....

Comment

We have been having the same prob.It's hard work strapping the little one in the back,and to cap it all our eldest doesn't travel well in the Surf(travel sickness),but he was ok in our previous car.If the worst comes to the worst I may have to sell.