Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service

Just done my first service last week myself after reading all the great info on this site, and Guess What, I still droped the gearbox oil instead of the engine oil.
    Anyway I just poured it back in and carried on without any more mistakes.

Is it best to change the gearbox oil when servicing and also what about the diff oils as I never checked these, how often do these need changing or topping up???
    Cheers Kevin
    95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Originally posted by bear

Is it best to change the gearbox oil when servicing and also what about the diff oils as I never checked these, how often do these need changing or topping up???
    Cheers Kevin
    Rarely, I usually change the diff/gearbox oil on a just bought car, then just check the levels every service.

Most Toyota 4x4 manuals say check every year, replace every 2 for normal use

If you offroad a lot, its worth letting a bit out the drain hole every service in case water has got in there.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Rarely, I usually change the diff/gearbox oil on a just bought car, then just check the levels every service.

Most Toyota 4x4 manuals say check every year, replace every 2 for normal use

If you offroad a lot, its worth letting a bit out the drain hole every service in case water has got in there.
      Thanks Mate. Dont do any off roading, so will just check them on my next service.
      Cheers
      95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

Working...
      X