Urgent Help Needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed!!!

as i posted in another thread my surf has given up the ghost rear diff and half shaft have broke am having trouble with the warranty (wont pay the full £1750 wanted by toyota ) garage i bought it from basically told me to p**s off (that will be sorted by trading standards) but i am thinking of just doing it myself so does anyone know where i can get hold of a diff and half shaft or a complete back axle for a 95 3.0ssrx ltd wide body and will one from a 2.4 fit any help would be very helpful as i need my surf back desperately feel like ive been berieved HELP!!!!!!!!

you could try bob hilux or i think chris streetluge if my memory serves me right they are a good source for spares
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
      you could try bob hilux or i think chris streetluge if my memory serves me right they are a good source for spares
      cheers do you know how i could contact them? i cannot pm havent got round to subscribing yet

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
        as i posted in another thread my surf has given up the ghost rear diff and half shaft have broke am having trouble with the warranty (wont pay the full £1750 wanted by toyota ) garage i bought it from basically told me to p**s off (that will be sorted by trading standards) but i am thinking of just doing it myself so does anyone know where i can get hold of a diff and half shaft or a complete back axle for a 95 3.0ssrx ltd wide body and will one from a 2.4 fit any help would be very helpful as i need my surf back desperately feel like ive been berieved HELP!!!!!!!!
        Try the Url's below:

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/

http://www.silverlakeautoparts.co.uk/breakers.aspx

http://www.4x4breakers.net/

http://www.gtfourxfour.com/

http://www.dewsburyautosalvage.com/

http://www.valley4x4.com/

If you have no luck with it post again because there is a 4 x 4 breakers about 30mls from me but he is not on the web. I could check when next passing if he has anything in.

Silversurfer
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

BRILLIANT info silversurfer they are asking me if it is a slip diff or not anybody know?

Comment

BRILLIANT info silversurfer they are asking me if it is a slip diff or not anybody know?
            More important than whether its an LSD it that you get the correct ratio.
            Toyota LSD's don't last long anyway, they wear out reasonably quickly and then run as a normal diff.

There are a few threads on here which will help you determine which ratio you currently have,
            eg http://www.yotasurf.com/forums/showt...ight=diff+code

If offered a choice, don't pay a premium for an LSD over a normal one, unless you can verify that it is functioning correctly.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              More important than whether its an LSD it that you get the correct ratio.
              Toyota LSD's don't last long anyway, they wear out reasonably quickly and then run as a normal diff.

There are a few threads on here which will help you determine which ratio you currently have,
              eg http://www.yotasurf.com/forums/showt...ight=diff+code

If offered a choice, don't pay a premium for an LSD over a normal one, unless you can verify that it is functioning correctly.
              been offered slip diff at £325 and non slip at £225 both reconditioned not sure about gearing i am even more confused now the one i am offered is of a 3.0 as well shouldnt they be the same anyway?

Comment

AFAIK they should be the same, however there were different tyre size options on the Surfs, which may have resulted in different diff ratios, probably not, but it is important that you check the ratios anyway to ensure compatibility.
                If you fit a different ratio, it will work fine (apart from obviously altering your gearing), but attempting to use 4wd would result in instant transmission wind-up and probable damage
                Last edited by Morr; 11 March 2005, 18:10.
                Maurice

Comment

i can find out my ratio from ringing garage to find number on vin plate but if diff has already been taken off other car is there anyway of finding out the ratio ? or do you think the place i get the new one from should know? as its a recon part

Comment

i can find out my ratio from ringing garage to find number on vin plate but if diff has already been taken off other car is there anyway of finding out the ratio ? or do you think the place i get the new one from should know? as its a recon part
                    If they have reconditioned it they certainly should know.
                    Maurice

Comment

brilliant cheers mate next time im in dublin ill have a guiness for you!!!

Comment

The following may be of use to you in determining the axle ratio of both the one you already have fitted and the one you are about to get. It's not absolutely spot-on but it is probably near enough for what you want. As previously said - if the one you are thinking of getting has been reconditioned then they should know the axle ratio - if not then it can be determined using the below.
                        Hope you get sorted

Silversurfer

The drive axle of a vehicle is said to have a certain axle ratio. This number (usually a whole number and a decimal fraction) is actually a comparison of the number of gear teeth on the ring gear and the pinion gear. For example, a 4.11 rear means that, in theory, there are 4.11 teeth on the ring gear and one tooth on the pinion gear or, put another way, the driveshaft must turn 4.11 times to turn the wheels once. There might be 37 teeth on the ring gear and 9 teeth on the pinion gear. By dividing the number of teeth on the ring gear, the numerical axle ratio (4.11) is obtained.
                        Another method of determining gear ratio is to jack up and support the truck so that both rear wheels are off the ground. Make a chalk mark on the rear wheel and the driveshaft. Put the transmission in neutral. Turn the rear wheel one complete turn and count the number of turns that the driveshaft makes. The number of turns that the driveshaft makes in one complete revolution of the rear wheel is an approximation of the rear axle ratio.
                        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Theres a bloke on Ebay breaking a white 4runner...Pauly P i think...have a look

your@themaddam.wanadoo.co.uk
                          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Call Paul Porter on 01236 830790 Really nice guy and i am sure won't mind me giving his number.
                            Good luck Philip
                            Still Searching,
                            Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                            X